Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
My ac been really good since I bought it back in October. My car a 2008 Honda pilot . Just recently temp in Cali been getting high where I live and very humid . Recently my car been blowing warm air when I checked the coolant level still high doesn't need to be refilled. What else can I check to see why it's not blowing cold air .thank you
Is it overfilled?
This can prevent the system from working properly.

Reactions: Queenjess69

·
Registered
11,412 Posts

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
How do I remove the excess ? Cuz it's been over filled since we bought it 😬
The proper, legal way is to recover the freon with a recovery system.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 194,000 miles
345 Posts
My ac been really good since I bought it back in October. My car a 2008 Honda pilot . Just recently temp in Cali been getting high where I live and very humid . Recently my car been blowing warm air when I checked the coolant level still high doesn't need to be refilled. What else can I check to see why it's not blowing cold air .thank you
When you say your coolant level, are you checking the antifreeze in the radiator? Freon (which is the refrigerant your AC unit uses) does not have a way for a DIY’er to check the level. It needs to be charged with a professional machine. With your AC functioning some of the time, I’d say your refrigerant level is low, and needs to be recharged. Most auto shops and collision repair shops can recharge it for you for about $150. Takes about an hour, and will be filled to the correct level with Freon and they will inject compressor oil as well to ensure your compressor doesn’t seize up and everything runs smoothly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When you say your coolant level, are you checking the antifreeze in the radiator? Freon (which is the refrigerant your AC unit uses) does not have a way for a DIY’er to check the level. It needs to be charged with a professional machine. With your AC functioning some of the time, I’d say your refrigerant level is low, and needs to be recharged. Most auto shops and collision repair shops can recharge it for you for about $150. Takes about an hour, and will be filled to the correct level with Freon and they will inject compressor oil as well to ensure your compressor doesn’t seize up and everything runs smoothly.
Then my coolant over filled . Haha I'm good I rather have warm air then pay that much 😅

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Then my coolant over filled . Haha I'm good I rather have warm air then pay that much 😅
Also this is the first time my air was warm today but now it's blowing cold air I'm assuming cuz it was hot out today idk I'm not a professional . But if it's the recharge like I said I can go and buy a can and do it myself then pay someone 150🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
345 Posts
Keep in mind those cans are by no means a solution. Most of the time you end up overcharging them, they are cheaply made and half the time the regulators don’t work. And, they contain a “stop leak” solution that will clog and plug up your compressor, condenser, and high/low passages which will render your entire AC system I useable, unserviceable, and basically useless. And any shop that charges your AC professionally after you dump this can of chaos into your AC system will probably hand you a bill for their AC machine that is ruined because the stop leak you put in your system is now sucked into their machine and plugged it as well. Not trying to discourage you, but quick, easy fix solutions like these always come with a catch. Choose wisely!

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
When you say your coolant level, are you checking the antifreeze in the radiator?
Surely the OPs use of the word coolant = freon while talking about an AC problem.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EXL AWD
93 Posts
Like what Nail Grease had said, coolant is different from freon. You are lucky as your car still take R134 and most places charge around $50 per lb. 2016 and up Pilot freon (R1234YF) are more expensive.
I would rather have an AC place look at it and your freon is probably low or there might be a leak somewhere. AC clutch is design not to engage when freon is low. I would avoid using the A/C Pro since it might do more harm and cost you more in the future.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,256 Posts
Speaking of "overfilled," am I the only one who once overfilled the ATF:p ?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Surely the OPs use of the word coolant = freon while talking about an AC problem.
Well that was what confused me. There is no way to check the level of the Freon without going to a shop and having them evacuate the system. She seemed confident that it did not need filled and it was full, so that’s why it puzzled me. Figured it was worth a quick question.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My air mix motor went bad a few year ago which caused my A/C to not be cold enough AND heat to not be warm enough. The latter was the larger problem. If you're heat works great still, this probably isn't your issue.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,256 Posts
Speaking of "overfilled," am I the only one who once overfilled the ATF:p ?
Sadly, it seems OP has run off to seek attention elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.