Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Touring pilot with 60,0000. The dash lights VTM-4, VSA, ABS and /!\ lights came on all at once and stayed on. I had the tires replaced a few days before the lights came on. I also had an appointment with the Honda dealer for an oil change the same day the lights came on. The dealer diagnosed the issue as the rear driver side speed sensor which I replaced myself. It has been 5 days since I replaced the speed sensor and have put about 50 miles on the car, but all the warning lights still are on. Any ideas what the issue could be?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Simplest explanation is that there's still (at least) one speed sensor that's bad. Check continuity on the sensor you installed, then do the other three if its good. Test is well documented on the forum and easy to perform. Make sure the connectors are clean, dry and click firmly when you put them back together.

If you don't have a multimeter to do it that way, save yourself the trouble and buy a code reader so the vehicle can tell you why its unhappy.

On my '03, lights started all off, then all turned on at about 18mph. First drive after the repair had no lights, no waiting period necessary.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your suggestion. I did check all the resistances for the speed sensors at each wheel and checked the resistance going back to the VSA module. The results were that the resistance was good for all the speed sensors, but no resistance from the speed sensor’s connectors to the VSA control module. Checked under the hood and found by the air intake and battery a bundle of wires that had been chewed by some animal and one wire was completely chewed through which was causing the issue with all the warning lights. All fixed now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts