Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 2WD 188k miles. VSA and BRAKE light came on, and I noted low brake fluid - topped it off. Came on again a week later, and I noticed leaking brakes on passenger rear wheel. Replaced caliper, topped off brakes fluid, but piston would not come out of new caliper when brakes were pressed. New cailper could be bad , but there is barely a trickle out of the bleeder. Brake pedal resistance went from being firm to no existent. Suspected master cylinder and replaced that. No help. Brake pedal goes to floor - no hydraulic pressure build-up and still just a trickle of fluid out the bleeders. Master cylinder bench-bled and all the usual done properly, Any other ideas besides the $1100 ABS module?

·
Registered
325 Posts
If you're not getting flow from the bleeders when the pedal goes to the floor, ether the fluid is either going somewhere else that's easier to expand into, or there's air in the line that's getting compressed instead.

I doubt that qualifies as valuable insight, but if fluid isn't coming out somewhere, my first question is "then where is it going?"

I would hope that the ABS module would throw a code if it failed. That's another obvious statement, but I haven't solved this problem personally, and its where I would look first.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is the brake light indicator still on after you tried to bleed the caliper? Is it just a trickle also out of the driver rear brake caliper? Out of all of them?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts