Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone expereinced a problem with the very last seatbelt storage unit that's in the headliner?

Ours simply slides out and smashes against the rear glass window. We now leave it to hang in the back in fear that it can happen at any time.

I have another appointment next week to show another Honda Service manager the issue. It's not a huge deal but it is concerning, nonetheless.:p

That holder simply has too much tension and it needs a snap in type of module.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Same problem

My 3rd row middle seat belt keeps slippin out of the holder on the ceiling also. 2nd row middle seat belt stays attached.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the dealer look at this again and the Service Manager assured me that Honda is aware of this. They are currently looking at a new holder for the belt.:(

Someone who rides in the 3rd row seat may even get smacked in the face with this belt.:rolleyes: And with our Lawsuit crazy society, well, you know the rest!:D

Too bad they did'nt catch this before production. Oh well, other things could be worse!:p

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ceiling Seat Belt Holders

Both my second and third row center seat ceiling seat belt holders have also released the stored belt when I've hit bumps in the road. Third seat one whacks the back glass when it releases. Too much tension in the belt for the holder. Seems like an easy fix would be to strategically place one of those plastic rivets in the belt between the sliding buckle and the end fixed buckle so the sliding buckle/rivet would take the tension and there would be a tad of slack in the end of the belt so the fixed buckle going into the holder would not be under any tension. [I have actually done this fix with a temporary clip (e.g., giant paper clip would work) on the two ceiling seat belts and it works just fine.]

·
Registered
16 Posts
same here

Had exactly the same problem. Hit a bump, heard a crack like a stone against the windshield, looked around and noticed that the rear belt came off the holder and smacked into the glass. Afraid it will break the glass. Middle seat has the same problem as well. Will wait a while and then bring it in when Honda has a fix. ANyone who hears of a dealer fix please let us know! THX

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ceiling Seat Belt Holders

When the back one goes, it sure gets your attention ! Dropped Honda a note on this one. Got a "thank you for your letter" reply from Honda's computer but no promise of a fix. Figure I too will just wait for Honda's fix, although xyzzy's fix wouldn't be a bad color match.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Scared the crap out of me the first time it happened (on the way home from dealer), but shoved the clip into the older pretty hard and it hasn't happened in the last 300 miles. . .

That posted fix had me lol.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Wife mentioned that she had the '3rd row seat belt hitting the back' problem as well.

Please let us know if anyone hears a fix from Honda.

In the meanwhile, is the best solution to just leave it hanging ?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I took the tension off the end of the belt [see my 1st post in this thread] and it's been fine ever since.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Eureka !

Was back to the Dealer for 1st oil change today and asked about the ceiling belt holders. [Have yet to use the middle positions in back seats so it was no big deal to wait.] Tech points out there are two slots in each ceiling seat belt holder, one for the stationary latch and one for the sliding latch.

Eureka, problem solved. Seems inherently obvious now but didn't for whatever reason way back when.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:( :confused: I'm still not getting it. I've left it dangling for the time being.:p

Please share (in more detail) what the fix is.

Thanks!:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Solution

I haven't had the problem of it coming out of the holder, but I do know there are two slots. One for the clip to snap into (this one is nearest the front of the car, the other is in the middle of the plastic part in the headliner. The seatbelt (metal) tab slides into this slot and helps hold things to the headliner. Any clearer?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Mine was inserted into both slots noted and has never fallen out over the course of @ 4000 miles.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Exactly !

For each respective belt, the stationary "anchor" at the end of the belt goes into the ceiling holder slot towards the front of the car and the sliding seat belt "buckle" goes into the other slot in the same ceiling holder, just as if you were "buckling" the belt, only to the ceiling holder.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Get them replaced. Mine were constantly coming out. The rear one with it's lovely crack to the rear window was especially nice.
I brought it into the dealer and we compared it to one in the showroom which was much tighter and at a slightly different angle. At first the dealer said "no problem found".
They replaced both and the belts haven't come out since.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts