Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming my Honda Dealer (Dick Brooks in Greer, SC) is able to find a Sage Brush EX (no leather, wife is a vegetarian...) in the next few days I will soon be joining the ranks of Piloteers. If not I have to wait 4 weeks until the dealer receives their next Sage Brush EX. That will be a long wait!

I have wanted an MDX/Pilot since they were first launched but had no justification. I get a free car from work that has been fine until now. However, the program has recently changed and the only car I can get is not going to comfortably fit the whole family (1 2 year old with another on the way). I also do a lot of yard work so I need something to haul goodies back from Home Depot.

I have to say, it's been an interesting experience, my only other new car buying experience was a Saturn so no negotiating etc. This time there have been ups and downs, I got a decent price on the Pilot ($1650 below MSRP) and at worst 3.9% financing. However, they did annoy me greatly on the trade in, offering $1650 on my 1997 Saturn. I took it to Car Max a couple of days later and was offered $4500! I went up to the Honda dealership ready to chew someone out but I guess they wanted my business. They just told me to sell the car to Car Max but that the negotiated price was still good. They even offered a loaner car if they can't get the Pilot before Car Max's offer expires (next Friday). So, all in all a good experience.

Thanks to everyone that contributes to these forums, the posts have been extremely informative and have helped in the decision to go with the Pilot. Now if anyone knows how to get that Sage Brush Pilot with my name on it here any quicker...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congratulations on your upcoming purchase. It sounds like you struck a pretty good deal. I was in a similar situation recently - had a good deal with a local dealer but had to wait 3-4 weeks for the color I wanted to be delivered. While it was really tough waiting, I spent the time reading as much of this forum as I could and that helped me out a lot with all my extended warranty and accessory questions.

When I finally went in to pick up my Pilot (just this weekend!), I was better informed, knew exactly what to look for at delivery, how much to pay for accessories, and what a fair price on an extended warranty really was.

Good luck with the wait!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Welcome...

Welcome AlanZ3...

Don't forget your camera when you pick up your new ride. We ca relive the first day with you..

Don

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kman said:
Congratulations on your upcoming purchase. It sounds like you struck a pretty good deal. I was in a similar situation recently - had a good deal with a local dealer but had to wait 3-4 weeks for the color I wanted to be delivered. While it was really tough waiting, I spent the time reading as much of this forum as I could and that helped me out a lot with all my extended warranty and accessory questions.

When I finally went in to pick up my Pilot (just this weekend!), I was better informed, knew exactly what to look for at delivery, how much to pay for accessories, and what a fair price on an extended warranty really was.

Good luck with the wait!

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
welcome...remember to get pictures..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll take the camera!

The dealer called today, they thought they had found a sage bush EX locally but said the other dealer was playing games with them and wouldn't trade. I'm sure there is some irony there but the sales guy didn't see it. So, it's back to plan B, getting a loaner from the dealership until my Pilot arrives at the beginning of July.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts