Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

About those WeatherTechs.....

4K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  sfhondapilot 
#1 ·
Those of you who've bought the WeatherTech mats for front and 2nd row... Do they fit without cutting/trimming, and do they provide good coverage? I hate to spend $100 on mats that need to be cut.

Also, has anyone installed ventshades? How do they look on the vehicle? Got a picture?

#2 ·
I have got the vent shades. They are invaluable. Fresh air and the ability to hear surrounding traffic in rainy weather! I'll try and post a pix when I get home.

BTW, installation was simple. On the front doors, they install between the mirror and the body frame - so that when you retighten the mirror, it clamps down securely on the leading edge. Mirror removal is very simple.

#6 ·
They are Auto Vent Shades part #94744. They do stick on but they also require you to loosen the side view mirrors and install the front leading edge between the mirror and the door frame. Pretty easy to do .. i'll try to attach a few pictures to show how easy it is.

BTW, I think e-bay has them. Here's a link.

eBay auction

#7 ·
Here is a picture (sorry, haven't washed the car yet) showing how vent shade is installed between mirror and door frame.

Attachments

#8 ·
You need to remove the triangular plastic trim piece on the interior. Grasp the top and pop away from door frame. With the top about 1" away from the door frame, move the piece upward and away from the door frame so that the lower clips clear the door panel trim. Loosen the hex head bolts (shown in pic) so that a gap is created between mirror and door frame.

Install vent shades (be sure to use alcohol prep pads that come with the shades - removes all wax and oils from door frame for good adhesion).

Retighten mirror.

Reinstall trim piece and voila, all done.

Attachments

#9 ·
I mentioned in some other posting that if you use the 3rd row, the WeatherTech mats will filt behind those seats in the cargo area with some trimming. I haven't been able to use them between the 2nd and 3rd rows because I haven't been willing to do all the trimming that seems required.

#11 ·
Thanks for the response and pix, SF.

Looks like a Spring project for me.

BTW, your Sage Brush Pilot looks good. I've not yet seen that color in person.

--tjs

#12 ·
Definitely a spring project. As I recall, for best adhesion, a minimum 65 degree ambient temperature is recommended.

:4:

#13 ·
How do you attach the rear one?

Hi there,

I'm interested in installing one too and your pictures are great. How do you install the rear vent? Stick-on?

Jackson
(also from sf)

#14 ·
Re: How do you attach the rear one?

jacksonn298 said:
How do you install the rear vent? Stick-on?
The rear vents are stick ons. Here is a close up of the attached rear vent shade.

Attachments

#17 ·
Ventshields

Can you get ventshields for the pilot that don't stick on to the outside of the vehicle, but they are inserted inside in the window opening? Where did you get the ventshields.

Also I see that you have the lowertrim with the foglights. Did the dealer install it or did you?

#18 ·
Ventshields and Lower Trim

Can you get ventshields for the pilot that don't stick on to the outside of the vehicle, but they are inserted inside in the window opening? Where did you get the ventshields.

Also I see that you have the lowertrim with the foglights. Did the dealer install it or did you?
Weathertech makes the type of window vent that installs inside the window opening and do not require adhesive tape. I have the Auto Vent Shades, which stick onto the outside of the window frame. I haven't seen the Weathertech product so I really cannot offer an opinion of one brand versus another. Perhaps someone else might have experience with both products and will post a reply.

I had the dealer install the lower trim with foglights. Check out this web site, it has installation instructions for some of the dealer option items. Honda and Acura Accessories

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.