Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Scratch & Dent Club

:( We will have had our Pilot two weeks as of tomorrow (Friday).

Last night my daughter was taking her bike out of the garage and accidentally caught a pedal on the front bumper of the Pilot.

HUGE scratch! All the way through the paint!!! AAARRRRGH!!!!

She's forgiven...........I guess it's officially a family vehicle now......................and I won't worry so much the first time we head into the woods. It's already scratched!!!

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
Our sympathies are with you a2 !

a2Pilot said:
:( We will have had our Pilot two weeks as of tomorrow (Friday).

Last night my daughter was taking her bike out of the garage and accidentally caught a pedal on the front bumper of the Pilot.

HUGE scratch! All the way through the paint!!! AAARRRRGH!!!!

She's forgiven...........I guess it's officially a family vehicle now......................and I won't worry so much the first time we head into the woods. It's already scratched!!!

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Re: Re: A very sad day

Condolences from our family to yours, a2. :(

I understand your pre-scratch fear, since I got the Pilot it seems like every adjacent driver gets within thisclose of hitting me! :eek:


03pilot said:
Our sympathies are with you a2 !

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Re: Re: A very sad day

Condolences from our family to yours, a2. :(

I understand your pre-scratch fear, since I got the Pilot it seems like every adjacent driver gets with thisclose of hitting me! :eek:


03pilot said:
Our sympathies are with you a2 !

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
This is why when we have kids I am going to have to have a second garage!!!!!
Sorry to hear about that!
Thanks,
Pat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
dntsne1 said:
This is why when we have kids I am going to have to have a second garage!!!!!
LMAO!!!:p :p :p Yes. . .how true! You've broken it in now.;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
I'm in the "stratch & dent" club

Move over a2, another member is in the club. Back left door. A DENT! :mad:

Though small by some standards, it looks the size of *TEXAS* to me. It happened at some point Saturday when I was out running errands, most likely by a jealous (Ford, Chevy, Jeep, Toyota, fill-in-your-own ________ ) SUV owner! My eyes catch every, single time I walk up to the Pilot :eek: --> :(.

With intense counseling, I hope to get through this. :13:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
a2pilot: after the initial angst have you had a chance to get this fixed yet ?

hope it looks like "it never happened before" soon.
a2Pilot said:
:( We will have had our Pilot two weeks as of tomorrow (Friday).

Last night my daughter was taking her bike out of the garage and accidentally caught a pedal on the front bumper of the Pilot.

HUGE scratch! All the way through the paint!!! AAARRRRGH!!!!

She's forgiven...........I guess it's officially a family vehicle now......................and I won't worry so much the first time we head into the woods. It's already scratched!!!

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: I'm in the "stratch & dent" club

OH NO!!!!:eek:

You'll make it through......dents and scratches just show it's a tough truck, and we're not afraid to use it!!!!! :1:


pjl56 said:
Move over a2, another member is in the club. Back left door. A DENT! :mad:

Though small by some standards, it looks the size of *TEXAS* to me. It happened at some point Saturday when I was out running errands, most likely by a jealous (Ford, Chevy, Jeep, Toyota, fill-in-your-own ________ ) SUV owner! My eyes catch every, single time I walk up to the Pilot :eek: --> :(.

With intense counseling, I hope to get through this. :13:
:1:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
Re: I'm in the "stratch & dent" club

Oh noooooo. Again sympathies with you. Does it need to be taken to a body shop to get the dent out ? Any chance the dealer maybe able to help you ?

pjl56 said:
Move over a2, another member is in the club. Back left door. A DENT! :mad:

Though small by some standards, it looks the size of *TEXAS* to me. It happened at some point Saturday when I was out running errands, most likely by a jealous (Ford, Chevy, Jeep, Toyota, fill-in-your-own ________ ) SUV owner! My eyes catch every, single time I walk up to the Pilot :eek: --> :(.

With intense counseling, I hope to get through this. :13:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Re: A very sad day

I still have not fixed the scratch. If my calculations are correct, the lower trim would cover it up nicely. May as well throw in the fog lamps too.

I'm still in the negotiation phase of this deal. (with my wife) :D





03pilot said:
a2pilot: after the initial angst have you had a chance to get this fixed yet ?

hope it looks like "it never happened before" soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Re: Re: I'm in the "stratch & dent" club

Thanks, 03. I'm not sure what they do for small (yes, actually, it *is* small) but noticeable dents. I'll certainly ask. The short but glorious moment of auto purity is over, though :(.

03pilot said:
Oh noooooo. Again sympathies with you. Does it need to be taken to a body shop to get the dent out ? Any chance the dealer maybe able to help you ?

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
Re: Re: Re: I'm in the "stratch & dent" club

I know how you feel. On our Accord, the first dent we had was after a couple of years and we still had that same empty feeling.

The Piliot doesn't feel like its "virgin" anymore, does it ?

pjl56 said:
Thanks, 03. I'm not sure what they do for small (yes, actually, it *is* small) but noticeable dents. I'll certainly ask. The short but glorious moment of auto purity is over, though :(.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
I Feel YA!

We have had ours for about two or three weeks also and I was cleaning it the other day and found a small dent on the hood already. It looks as if someone tried pushing down on the hood with the palm of their hand and put a small dent on it. Fortunatly it didn't break the paint, so Im going to go to Dent Doctors and have it removed. Not quite as bad as yours but I feel the pain your going through. I was so upset I coulden't even carry on a conversation with my wife:3:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New Thread Name

I liked pjl56's "member of the scratch & dent club" comment, so I renamed the thread accordingly. Hopefully this is a short thread!!!

Be careful with your Pilot..........It's a jungle out there!!!:2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: New Thread Name

:confused: I guess editing the subject on my first post doesn't change the thread name..... Hey sysop, can you do that for me?

-Jim


a2Pilot said:
I liked pjl56's "member of the scratch & dent club" comment, so I renamed the thread accordingly. Hopefully this is a short thread!!!

Be careful with your Pilot..........It's a jungle out there!!!:2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Boy do I know how you feel. We had our new Pilot one day short of two weeks. We were at vacation bible school at church when a storm came up all of the sudden. Next thing you know, golf-ball size hail. It beat up the Pilot pretty bad. ($6000.00 worth). Needless to say we were sick.
Insurance paid, now we have a new Pilot exactly like the first one. Not bad, 2 Pilots in one month.

Rusty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Uhhh, Rusty, have you by any chance been a bad, bad boy?!? The Pilot manual indicates quite clearly that this is a SIGN FROM ABOVE that Someone is angry with you!



Rustym said:
We were at vacation bible school at church when a storm came up all of the sudden. Next thing you know, golf-ball size hail.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
LOL

pjl56 said:
Uhhh, Rusty, have you by any chance been a bad, bad boy?!? The Pilot manual indicates quite clearly that this is a SIGN FROM ABOVE that Someone is angry with you!



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So is this the first record of a totaled Pilot?:confused:

If so, this is indeed a VERY sad day!!!!!:(
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top