Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an A\T tire for my 2013 Pilot Touring. What sizes can i use as the stock 235/60 18's are very limited in sizes.Thanks!

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Thank you. I was however looking for a tire with more of A/T feel. Looks like i can go wirth a 245 60 or a 255 55 as well.
What do you mean by "a tire with more of A/T feel"?
The Geolandar A/T G015 is an A/T type tire.
Or, do you want your Pilot to look like a monster truck?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you mean by "a tire with more of A/T feel"?
The Geolandar A/T G015 is an A/T type tire.
Or, do you want your Pilot to look like a monster truck?
[I do not want a " monster truck" but the geo may be an A/T in designation but in my opinion are more of an H/T. I need a more aggressive tread as my driveway is a mile long and off rd. Thank you though.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Erik,
Don't sleep on the Geolander, while it is not a hybrid A/T-M/T like the KO2s or Duratracs, it is a very well respected tire on the Tacoma, Silverado and Pathfinder (the older, off road capable ones) forums that I have been a part of. Sure, it caters a little more towards the light off-roading side of the A/T spectrum, but that's perfect for a vehicle like the Pilot that you want to take down some light trails.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I have to admit Geos are a great tire for the camping style traveling .. I have used them traveling trails Like this one
no complaints

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I have to admit Geos are a great tire for the camping style traveling .. I have used them traveling trails Like this one
no complaints

View attachment 133235

'Hoe is right... I'm not sure I'd be doing anything that much more difficult in the Pilot as it's just not built for rock crawling and hanging tires in the air and all of that... soft roading is about the extent and the Geolanders will certainly aid in traction.

Another point to consider, in vehicles that aren't built for heavy off roading it is not uncommon to experience part failures when exposed to heavy off roading. Putting all of the torque through one wheel that has grip can stress CV joints, small axles, diffs, etc. beyond what they are capable of handling.

Reactions: Tahoefever

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
For more of a woooh those are nice ..tires I have a set of wranglers on my 06 Pilot for the trails ..they do turn heads when I pull up at the gas station

·
Registered
14 Posts
I put the Yokohama Geolandar G015's on mine. I really like them. They are definitely a good balance between aggressive and low noise. I used the original size. I was very pleased when they ended up being rather quiet.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
2nd set on mine even when the tread wears down they still perform awesome .. You made an excellent choice

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So After careful consideration and a fair amount of research i decided to go with the NITTO Ridge Grapplers. 255 55 R18. Thanks to everyone who replied. I appreciate the feed back

Attachments

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
2015 Pilot EX-L 4WD
8 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts