Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put down a deposit at a local dealer last Friday on an black EX-L. Honda has a 2.99% APR promotion until 2/25. The catch is that car must be delivered within 10 days from 2/25 (that spells like 3/6 or so). The sales rep couldnt locate one in the northeast at the time. He said he maybe able to exchange one with another dealer that has a black one on order. The closest one, which will most likely make the 3/7 delivery, is ordered by a New Hampshire dealer. On his computer screen, it says the car is being built between 2/18 ~ 2/22. He will try to grab that one for me but no guarantee. I ask him if he can give me a VIN number. He said unless the car is "on the road", he wont get a VIN.
I called him yerterday, and he said found a black one (not sure it's the same one). Anyway, I ask him again if he has a VIN, and he still didnt have one for me.
My question is: Is he being honest about VIN info? Since I read in the forum that some people got a PIN after Honda takes the order.
Many thanks in advace!

·
Registered
900 Posts
If the car has been built, the VIN info is available.
When we put the deposit on our PILOT, they traded "at the factory" (before it was built) with one headed to another dealer to get the color we wanted. After the build date, we got the VIN. It was delivered about 2 weeks later.

I'm assuming that the VIN info is available to other dealers besides the one it's allocated for - that could be the problem if it's not.

More VIN info is available in the the thread in my signature below.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts