Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you did your research on the Pilot and did your comparisons on line, what services did you use?

Edmunds, Hondas web site, local dealers web site, KBB, Cars.com, TV, friends recommendation?

What did you find helpful...and what did you find as a waste of time?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
At first I used the Honda Web-site. Took my Accord in for service and ended up ordering the Pilot (if the dealer would pick up the $400.00 Accord service bill..they did). Didn't have to be "sold", I knew I was going to get the Pilot even before it was produced.
So I ordered the sagebrush color from a 1 inch color swatch. Coming home and desperately searching the web for pics of that color, I found Honda-Pilot.Org.
Didn't need to go anywhere else. :cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sage said:
At first I used the Honda Web-site. Took my Accord in for service and ended up ordering the Pilot (if the dealer would pick up the $400.00 Accord service bill..they did). Didn't have to be "sold", I knew I was going to get the Pilot even before it was produced.
So I ordered the sagebrush color from a 1 inch color swatch. Coming home and desperately searching the web for pics of that color, I found Honda-Pilot.Org.
Didn't need to go anywhere else. :cool:
Good story. I have sold through the Internet for about 3 years now. We have grown form about 3 cars per month, to about 35 cars per month. I like to hear customers stories...this helps me refine my own business.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Thanks, Jerry. I do have a doozey of a dealer horror story. But I'm trying to forget about it, move on and enjoy my Pilot. Really not looking forward to my first service at same dealer... GM was a bad as his staff and hope that doesn't trickle over to the service dpt, which I do have a high regard for. I'm hoping the 'bad' guys will be gone by the time I need my first service. :13:
One could hope.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Info Sources

Car and Driver
MotorTrend
Edmunds.com
Carpoint.com
Road and Track
Consumer Reports
Honda.com
Automobile Magazine
Autoweek Magazine

Various internet searches for Honda Pilot - but one word of warning, Honda builds a Pilot that is similar to a cross between a dune buggy and an off-road quad, so you'll have to weed through that.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I used many of those mentioned above but I would also add Hondanews.com.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts