Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This memory popped into my FB feed from a few years ago. This was my '03 Pilot.

" 'twas the day before Friday and all through the car the smell was spreading, of a mouse that had climbed much too far
into the air vent where he died a quick death, chopped to bits by the blower as he drew his last breath."

that was when I learned I'm not a contortionist. I almost passed out trying it upside down with my head under the dashboard. Eventually I took it in and let the mechanic get the blower motor out. I assume it's easier with the car on a lift.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,324 Posts
If there is one thing I hate, its being upside down half in the car, back on the seat, head on the floor looking up.....

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
If there is one thing I hate, its being upside down half in the car, back on the seat, head on the floor looking up.....
Neither of you should take on a classic car then. I know the backside of my Impala's dash better than I know the front.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Which is why the smart classic car enthusiasts chose MOPAR!!!! ;)
I agree... in the Midwest logic definitely tells people to buy a car where parts are twice as expensive, less knowledge is available and some parts aren't available at all.

I feel a poem coming on...

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
It's just training for the dreaded ... "Oh Honey, I noticed water dripping from under the kitchen sink somewhere...."

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
I guess it all comes down to whether you are a show-er.........

View attachment 149429

or a go-er....
View attachment 149430
Impala is all about stress free and comfort, let life's BS melt away as the miles pile on.

My dad's '69 Camaro SS 350 (w/ a 435 horse built motor) will do the whole angry pony car just fine. I drive it enough to appreciate the Impala that much more.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,255 Posts

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,866 Posts
Impala is all about stress free and comfort, let life's BS melt away as the miles pile on.

My dad's '69 Camaro SS 350 (w/ a 435 horse built motor) will do the whole angry pony car just fine. I drive it enough to appreciate the Impala that much more.
Stress free comfort for me was a 72 Charger r/t with a blueprinted, stroked and bored 426 Hemi. Yes I know they quit making the 426 in 71, BUT if you were lucky enough to find one they dropped real nice into the 72 Chargers. I also had the advantage of having a best friend who's dad was born in NC, grew up and went to school with Jr. Johnson. After he left his original "career" (if you know anything about Jr. Johnsons early days before racing you know what I mean), as a young man, he went to work for Ford. By the time I got to know him he was the Senior VP in charge of the Ford Plant outside of KC.

My Charger was not built like the typical street rod of the times. My stress free comfort was knowing that they all had a good look at my tail lights fading away in front of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts