Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting for the final outcome, good or bad, to post this story.
We picked up our (caroldude's) pilot friday the 4th as some of you know. I was to return on saturday (service is open 7-5 saturdays) for the towpkg. After leaving the car there all day, I picked it up in the pouring rain at 5:30. The salesman pulled the car up for me and I walked around it to the rear to inspect the job on the hitch. All I noticed was that there was no wiring harness. Well I was informed that it wasn't included and I responded, oh yes it is! So after checking, the story changed with apologies but they'd have to order (along with the full size spare that was included in the purchase price). OK, one day wasted and they'll come pick it up for the wiring harness. When I get home I park it for the night. The next morning my wife notices two large gouges in the bumper cover right in line with the hitch anchor points. Boy was I feeling mad and dumb right then. Now we can't say anything about it till monday, It kind of put a pall on the new car mood. But wait there's more! After driving a few blocks the next day, I notice a whining in the transmission. Oh no! They hadn't filled the transmission fully and upon further inspection the pwr steering was low. We were fuming, needless to say. Alright, I'm getting to the point! monday a.m. I call the salesman who say's he'll come get the pilot (The fluid is just barely below the bottom mark) and take care of the fluids but will have to get with mgt. about the gouges in the bumper. Well they kept our pilot over night, put on the wiring harness that they didn't have (or maybe want to fool with @ 5:30 pm sat)
and fixed the deep gouges (into the black maybe a 1/16") good as new! Now we are happy! Inconvenienced but happy.
This is just a relation of an experience, a story if you will. enjoy or disregard.
BTW this forum is excellent. I want to thank the founders and the people behind the scenes who keep it going. Great job!

I'll get some pics with boat this weekend hopefully.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
Glad to hear that everything worked out in the end. Too bad service departments don't have quality control personnel to catch shoddy work - instead of leaving it up to the customer to (1) notice and (2) complain.

:3:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
I recommend you climb under the car and make sure the 12 bolts attaching the hitch to the car are fully tightened. (mine weren't...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TomP said:
I recommend you climb under the car and make sure the 12 bolts attaching the hitch to the car are fully tightened. (mine weren't...)
Roger that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Service seems to be one of Honda's down falls these days. I too had many problems with getting all my accessories installed correctly. One of them being my hitch.

My hitch only had 7 of the 12 bolts that hold it on. When I took it to get it fixed they broke one of the welded bolts inside of the frame off and had to fix that. It took me 5 hours of sitting at a dealer for them to put on 5 stinking bolts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,140 Posts
PaulV7 said:
Service seems to be one of Honda's down falls these days. I too had many problems with getting all my accessories installed correctly. One of them being my hitch.

My hitch only had 7 of the 12 bolts that hold it on. When I took it to get it fixed they broke one of the welded bolts inside of the frame off and had to fix that. It took me 5 hours of sitting at a dealer for them to put on 5 stinking bolts.
Hmm, Thinking about the guy at work who thought I was crazy for doing all the accesories on my Pilot and CR-V! :2: :2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,113 Posts
It's for this reason that I try to avoid dealer-installed options. On my '98 Accord, the dealer installled a CD changer and security with keyless. The changer was installed in the trunk instead of the console where I wanted it ('98 was the first year offering either trunk or console mount) and the interior was scratched up from the security install.

The dealer did fix it, but it required a second appointment for their upholstery/vinyl repair subcontractor to fix the interior scratches.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
483 Posts
Davedude, you sounded pretty calm about your experience. If that was me, with the tranny whining, no wiring harness and the bumper gouged, I would have went schizo on the service dept., that is terrible service and totally unacceptable. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
N_Jay said:


Hmm, Thinking about the guy at work who thought I was crazy for doing all the accesories on my Pilot and CR-V! :2: :2:

Yea N_Jay, if I had realized how easy most of the accessories are to install I would of done them myself. Saved money in the long run but would have to put more out up front versus paying monthly for them w/ the Pilot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,140 Posts
PaulV7 said:



Yea N_Jay, if I had realized how easy most of the accessories are to install I would of done them myself. Saved money in the long run but would have to put more out up front versus paying monthly for them w/ the Pilot
With the dealer mark up and installation charges you could probably put them on your c redit card and still saved money.:2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tonyrwc said:
Davedude, you sounded pretty calm about your experience. If that was me, with the tranny whining, no wiring harness and the bumper gouged, I would have went schizo on the service dept., that is terrible service and totally unacceptable. :mad:
Believe me, I went schizo on service and the sales dept. I was fuming and everyone in the place new it. I'm calm now (for now) and don't want sound like a schizo on the .ORG.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,998 Posts
LOL! We're here for you davedude! You can unload on us, chances are someone out there has had similar experiences and it just feels good to vent. We know :)
Whining is different, but you're justified in your complaints- I thought Honda service was supposed to be good!?! I'm sure you did too.
Lots of stories here about Pilots getting dinged while in for service, it's ridiculous.
It keeps us on our toes when we take our Pilots in though, and I appreciate the heads up from you all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Reading about the poor Honda service reported in this thread is discouraging. I think we have become a nation of conumers settling for (and even expecting) poor service. Many service providers are only working for a paycheck. This country was built by men and women who took pride in the satisfaction of a job well done. We must continue to respectfully insist on quality in the goods we buy and the service we deserve.

And now I'll get off my soapbox....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
Originally posted by Cajun Pilot-
This country was built by men and women who took pride in the satisfaction of a job well done.
We only have ourselves to blame as we as a nation (I REALIZE there are exceptions) are not raising children with values such as these. The only thing that we are putting importance on is money. Look at how much our sports stars are paid and how much they whine about it...

And now I will step off my soapbox as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
You said it Beowulf, it has to be taught in the home. It's amazing that the family has deteriorated so much in recent years. Thankfully there are still a few people who teach their children to take pride in their work and responsibility for their actions.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top