Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At half tank, how many km's have you ran ? do you get ?

I'm talking normal every day driving

I ask because I'm going to be going from a Chevy Trailblazer EXT which gets me 280 to 300km's at exactly the half way point on the needle to a 2003 EX-L Pilot.

thanks

· Registered
757 Posts
Depends what your everyday driving is. I live in Lloydminster, and my mileage is terrible around town. The wife drives it mostly back and forth to work, which is only a 4 km one way trip. With a set of lights and a 4-way stop along the way, a half tank around town would only get me about 150-200km. Now on the highway, 300-350 is attainable. I'm sure if I live in a larger center with longer distances to travel and freeway to drive on, the city mileage would vastly improve. On a full tank of gas, I average 14-15 in the city and 28-30mpg on the highway.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think its a 25 gallon tank size.

I just keep hearing how bad the v6 chevy is on gas..

Its not going to impede me from purchasing the Pilot, its just I'd like to know a "guestimate" of how much better the Pilot will be.

I too am confident gas mileage will be better

· Registered
1,195 Posts
No help here. I never drive on the bottom half of the tank.:2:

· Registered
48 Posts
tumbler said:
At half tank, how many km's have you ran ? do you get ?

I'm talking normal every day driving

I ask because I'm going to be going from a Chevy Trailblazer EXT which gets me 280 to 300km's at exactly the half way point on the needle to a 2003 EX-L Pilot.

thanks
last time i ve been tanking, i ve got only 64 l to take the full position of tank. the time before it was 66 liters.
i ve made on half tank 270 km in 50:50 conditions, but on highway my speed wasnt lower than 80 mph. it was in range 80 - 100 mph the whole 50 % hwy driving.
so i think it isnt bad. but i want to reach 600 or more on full tank

· Registered
72 Posts
My tank is 79.5 liters and I use 608 km's per tank as an average. I wait to around the half way mark and put in 30 - 35 liters and not use km's. The most I put in was 78 liters which was close to walking.

· Registered
34 Posts
Ours is still being run in with 11000 clicks on the clock. If it's anything like my quest or xterra in the past I'd expect 5 - 10% gain after 18000 - 20000km.

In Calgary surburban driving, mostly roads <60kmh, not the trails, we get around 480KM per 64L of gas. It's not city grid driving, but we live on a honking big hill.

The last highway trip to edmonton, doing cruise control . 130km/h there and back, we racked up 550km on a 65L fill. We've seen similar on ski runs which might be a lil bit faster :)

On similar streets & driving styles my father in law's envoy gets about 400KM city, maybe 500km highway.

Good luck.

EDIT: oh, my guess is the 1/2 way mark is a little conservative. If you run it on E you'd get more than the first 1/2. We fill it pretty much as soon as it gets on E and get 20 -40km less. But on one of our highway missions got 40 more but put in 70L.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.