Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Are we able to tell what number our Pilot was on the assembly line (for example #35 out of.... etc. etc.) or do we have to have the dealer trace it for us?

2. The fact that the transmission shifts so much on hills, does that hurt the tranny and/or the engine? Or was it made to take the abuse?

Thanks for your advice.......I love this place! :29:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Pilot-1 said:
1. Are we able to tell what number our Pilot was on the assembly line (for example #35 out of.... etc. etc.) or do we have to have the dealer trace it for us?
See the VIN-table thread (link in my signature below) - the last five digits of your VIN tell the 'production number' more or less (except for non-US cars, which are in a different series). That thread has info on how to determine build date, etc. too.

·
Registered
241 Posts
shifting

Although there are 240 or so HP, the torque is not great. Like most vehicles these day it locks up into final drive on the highway. In final drive the ratio is low and torque is needed, to make up for the toerqe the engine shifts down into higher RPM to get the needed power. Don't think it will affect the transmission.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I was actually pretty impressed at how low the RPMs are when downshifting into 4th in highway passing situations. I usually find I'm still in the 3k range.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts