Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in time for fathers' day my 3 year old lost her lunch in my Pilot (on Saturday afternoon). Luckily she was in her car seat, so only a little leaked out onto the leather seat and the carpet.

:22:

I ordered floor mats today.

Since my daughter has a tendency to get car-sick, does anyone know anything to spray on leather to help with the odor?

Evergreen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Fabreeze, or nose clips.
Or better yet just layout a plastic sheet :)
I am just kidding!!!
Otherwise I have no clue.
Later,
Pat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
I saw a product from Armorall specifically for leather the other day in Longs Drugs (I think). It's supposed to maintain a protective coating and helps keep the shine like new ! Not sure - may help.

Evergreen said:
Just in time for fathers' day my 3 year old lost her lunch in my Pilot (on Saturday afternoon). Luckily she was in her car seat, so only a little leaked out onto the leather seat and the carpet.

:22:

I ordered floor mats today.

Since my daughter has a tendency to get car-sick, does anyone know anything to spray on leather to help with the odor?

Evergreen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,140 Posts
Leather Care

Only use leather cleaners and conditoners that are good enough to use on furiture.
I think one brand is Lextol. I am not trying to sell this stuff, just that I have had leather in the car and in the house and have found that the products made for cars usually cause all sorts of problems like hardening and that over shiny vinyl look.
Check out the gues who restore cars like Porsche, Rolls, MBs, and BMWs. See what they recommend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
I've had good luck with Eagle One Products on my leather. One bottle is cleaner, and the other conditioner. It really keeps the leather soft.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
dntsne1 said:
Or better yet just layout a plastic sheet :)
I am just kidding!!!
I'm not kidding, they make a plastic (I think it's really vinyl) sheet that has a soft side to put under car seats. It goes down the front, and over the back, with cutouts for the seatbelts. Also protects the leather from scratches from the car seats. I have on on the truck seat as it has caught several spills and accidents. My son thinks he is on the pitching roster for the Diamondbacks ;)

We got it at USA Baby. About $10 if I remember.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
486 Posts
Seat covers

I installed seat covers over the leather in my wife's Odyssey where the kids sit. I have four(two car seats) and they can trash a car! They care not what they sit on either. It also helps protect the leather from the car seat itself, fading, and all kinds of spills and 'stuff'. We just take them out and throw them in the washer every now and then. They are the cloth/light denim type material in a matching color. We got them online from USA Seat Covers (I think) out of Florida.
Otherwise, Zaino Bros. makes a very good leather cleaner and conditioner that has a nice leather smell to it. Lexol products are also very good, but I highly recommend covers until they're older...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Solution

Just wanted to update you folks on my 3 year old and her car sickness. On a tip from a friend, who drives an Ody, I've begun giving my daughter 1/2 of a chewable dramamine a half hour before she gets in the car. She hasn't lost her lunch in the Pilot since.

:)

Also, fabreeze works well and I've covered the rear seats.

Evergreen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
664 Posts
Kids, the gifts that keep on giving.

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I had a small dent before but I got my first paint chip on metal. My son sat in the driveway tossing rocks this past saturday. They were small pebbles and he was only throwing them 5ft away (He's only 2 1/2) Well, he went for the gusto, he picked up a bigger rock and let it rip. Clang, ta-ta-ta-thunk. He cleared the bug deflector and landed it on the hood at which point it rolled about 18" back the hood. The roll only left small cleanable mark. The landing however took a nice little chip out of the hood.

Father's day, Labor day....oy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
Re: Kids, the gifts that keep on giving.

Sympathies banningjr :-(

banningjr said:
Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I had a small dent before but I got my first paint chip on metal. My son sat in the driveway tossing rocks this past saturday. They were small pebbles and he was only throwing them 5ft away (He's only 2 1/2) Well, he went for the gusto, he picked up a bigger rock and let it rip. Clang, ta-ta-ta-thunk. He cleared the bug deflector and landed it on the hood at which point it rolled about 18" back the hood. The roll only left small cleanable mark. The landing however took a nice little chip out of the hood.

Father's day, Labor day....oy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Seat, smell, Leather, etc.

I have posted this on other places on this site. Fabreze works wonders. BabysRUs sells a Lionheart seat protector for under car seat for $14-19. Use a quality leather cleaner/Conditioner when you wash and wax. Also...HONDA CARE (get it at your parts counter at the dealership) sells a leather cleaner/protectant and other care products. I used this on my 94 Accord and the inside still to this day (no smoking) almost smells as good as the day I bought the car (new car smell and all). Just my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
469 Posts
Father's day gift

And, most importantly, remember that if you drive around with the windows down to relieve the effects - make sure that front windows are down at all times when the back windows are down to avoid the dreaded WUP - WUP - WUP :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
206 Posts
Evergreen said:
Just in time for fathers' day my 3 year old lost her lunch in my Pilot (on Saturday afternoon). Luckily she was in her car seat, so only a little leaked out onto the leather seat and the carpet.

Evergreen
Evergreen, do you have RES? I have heard from a few people that this is one of the symptoms of young kids and RES :eek:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top