Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Team, anyone have the Honda spec for what I should see for temps blowing from center vents. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
FWIW, and don’t know Honda spec, but I keep a probe thermometer in the driver’s side dash vent......manual mode, temp LO, recirculate, I see 38F-42F.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FWIW, and don’t know Honda spec, but I keep a probe thermometer in the driver’s side dash vent......manual mode, temp LO, recirculate, I see 38F-42F.
Thank you. When you see 42F, what is the ambient air temp.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Thank you. When you see 42F, what is the ambient air temp.
Hot.....last summer we had 94 consecutive days of 90F plus ambient and a bunch of triple digit days.

When HVAC is set to recirculate/max, ambient temp shouldn’t make much of a difference in vent temp......presuming HVAC is functioning properly.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hot.....last summer we had 94 consecutive days of 90F plus ambient and a bunch of triple digit days.

When HVAC is set to recirculate/max, ambient temp shouldn’t make much of a difference in vent temp......presuming HVAC is functioning properly.
Today when it was 90F in AZ, I had 57F at the vent.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Today when it was 90F in AZ, I had 57F at the vent.
Honda's doesn't have an official spec as environmental factors affect vent temp, 20° under ambient is their rule of thumb. 3g pilots set to max A/c, recirculation, and held at 2k rpm generally are 38-45°. Sounds to me like you are low on freon.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Honda's doesn't have an official spec as environmental factors effect vent temp, 20° under ambient is their rule of thumb. 3g pilots set to max A/c, recirculation, and held at 2k rpm generally are 38-45°. Sounds to me like you are low on freon.
Hum......Honda's rule of thumb seems like it would be really uncomfortable in AZ or the desert of West TX.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I believe 20° is mainly because of how environmental factors affect it. We have charts to take into account, system pressures, temp, humidity, etc that gives you a range of acceptable vent temps. Once you factor everything in, it's always much lower then a 20° drop. Virtually everything, at least where I am is in the 37-50° degree vent temp range. Humidity is the single largest factor.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
More testing with probe thermometer in front center vent, re-circulate on, fan high, temp selector low. Then, if I turn on the 2nd row AC Fan, my front vent temp drops. Is this normal. Thank you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts