Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been having a weird issue in my '06 Pilot. Get in the car, start up, turn on the A/C (all the way to 'low') and get moderately cold air out of the A/C. Start driving and, a couple of minutes later, it sounds like the flap closes and I instantly get hot air out of the front vents. The rear vents, however, continue to blow cold air.

So, I thought it was the air mix motor. But, I can feel the rod connected to the motor moving back-and-forth as I turn the temperature control from cold to hot.

It also doesn't appear to be a refrigerant issue. Not only do I get cold air to the back seats, but when I went to add refrigerant and connected the pressure gauge to the low-pressure port, it was reading 'good'.

I also changes out the clutch relay, thinking that could be it... But, nope...

Any ideas? Is there a different flap in the A/C system that could be causing problem?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
It does sound like a blend door actuator problem. Especially since you have cold air coming from other vents.

·
Registered
2007 Pilot EXL, 2012 Civic LX, 2007 VTX1300C
284 Posts
check out your flow control valve for the heater core, they're problematic enough for there to be aftermarket parts available! also sounds like you might have to start dismantling the area where the blend flappers are located. old vehicles like this have motors and actuators that will fail on you randomly or just act funny !

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,184 Posts
The front heater core flow control valve mentioned above is located between the rear of the engine and the firewall. You’ll have to peer pretty far back there to see it. Have someone adjust the temperature controls while you watch the lever on the valve rotate.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
check out your flow control valve for the heater core, they're problematic enough for there to be aftermarket parts available! also sounds like you might have to start dismantling the area where the blend flappers are located. old vehicles like this have motors and actuators that will fail on you randomly or just act funny !
The front heater core flow control valve mentioned above is located between the rear of the engine and the firewall. You’ll have to peer pretty far back there to see it. Have someone adjust the temperature controls while you watch the lever on the valve rotate.

And heeeeeeeere's the pic!

Note: The cable is actually to the right of the valve on the 2006-2008 model years, but the principle is the same.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been having a weird issue in my '06 Pilot. Get in the car, start up, turn on the A/C (all the way to 'low') and get moderately cold air out of the A/C. Start driving and, a couple of minutes later, it sounds like the flap closes and I instantly get hot air out of the front vents. The rear vents, however, continue to blow cold air.

So, I thought it was the air mix motor. But, I can feel the rod connected to the motor moving back-and-forth as I turn the temperature control from cold to hot.

It also doesn't appear to be a refrigerant issue. Not only do I get cold air to the back seats, but when I went to add refrigerant and connected the pressure gauge to the low-pressure port, it was reading 'good'.

I also changes out the clutch relay, thinking that could be it... But, nope...

Any ideas? Is there a different flap in the A/C system that could be causing problem?
This happened for me with 2010 last fall I ended up pulling my cabin filter and it fixed.the problem. Here in Oregon we had alot of fires and think it was to clogged. I have replaced the filter and it's been very cold ever since

1 - 6 of 6 Posts