Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2010 Honda Pilot
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks. I face a problem Honda Service couldn't fix in my country - Azerbaijan.
So, I always put my A/C to 25 degrees Celsius. It's perfect temperature to keep cool in summer and warm in winter. Recently, after 10 years of use and 160k kilometres I faced a strange issue. At 25 I have perfect cold blow from front vents, but rear vents blow really hot as heater is on. When I decrease rear temp to 21 it blows cool, but warms up again after half an hour of ride. When I put it to 20 it radically changes and starts blowing cold. I didn't have this issue before.
I changed coolant and liquid of a/c today but it didn't help.
Official Honda in my country can't solve it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 2011 EXL I had to take my center console apart for another reason (a business card had fallen down inside causing a noise). While researching my issue I learned there is a rear A/C fan in that area. The fan has a screened filter and in my case it was filthy. Not as bad as the YT videos I saw, but still dirty... The rear AC seemed to cool better after cleaning that fan off.
For clarity, the center console side panel on the passenger side was my best (limited) access to clean the fan.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,820 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts