Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to replace JUST the A/C condenser fan? According to the factory service manual it looks like the fans taken out together but the radiator fan works just fine.

If I do end up having to replace both of them, do I have to drain the coolant or can I just quickly remove the hose and hold it up so more coolant doesn't spill out?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,839 Posts
You could first try removing the battery and battery tray to see if there is enough room to get the fans out of there without disconnecting the upper radiator hose. To get to the AC fan the radiator fan will need to be removed first. At least that’s how it is on the 2005 Pilot, not sure about your 2008.

I imagine you’re going to lose some coolant if you pull the upper radiator hose when the radiator is full. I have always drained the radiator first, so I have no firsthand knowledge of how bad a mess it could make.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot SE
330 Posts
Individual is the way to go. The passenger side has 4 bolts, two on top, two on bottom. The driver side has two on top.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Is it possible to replace JUST the A/C condenser fan? According to the factory service manual it looks like the fans taken out together but the radiator fan works just fine.

If I do end up having to replace both of them, do I have to drain the coolant or can I just quickly remove the hose and hold it up so more coolant doesn't spill out?
[/QUOT
I'd be tempted to drain the coolant in something clean and save and reuse. Less mess and less effort than cleaning up the mess.!

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,267 Posts
I'd be tempted to drain the coolant in something clean and save and reuse. Less mess and less effort than cleaning up the mess.!
Not to mentions the savings.

I would look at the cooler fittings on the rad, if they are corroded, good time to change the rad also.
And if you do replace the rad, replace the top and bottom hoses and perhaps even the thermostat. I did.

Use the cash you saved reusing the coolant. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts