Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 07 Pilot. How do you know if A/C compressor is bad? The alternator, battery, relays and fuses all check out. When I have the A/C on, sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Also, both cooling fans will not engage when the A/C isn't working. Any suggestions, should I change the compressor?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,968 Posts
I do not believe the ac compressor fan kicks on unless the ac compressor is on. But that fan kicks on immediately when the ac is turned on.

Have you had your ac system checked to make sure the correct amount of refrigerant is loaded?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Start by checking the pressure in the system and if you have continuity in the AC pressure switch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do not believe the ac compressor fan kicks on unless the ac compressor is on. But that fan kicks on immediately when the ac is turned on.

Have you had your ac system checked to make sure the correct amount of refrigerant is loaded?
Yes, the refrigerant was checked by two different shop mechs. Both times the refrigerant was at optimal levels. On another note, the battery light was came on around the same time the AC problems, so I replaced the alternator, hoping it would fix the AC and the battery light, but it didn't fix the AC, just the battery light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Start by checking the pressure in the system and if you have continuity in the AC pressure switch.
Yes, the pressure was verified by two mechanics. Neither can pinpoint the issue because the problem can't be replicated when the vehicle was in their shops. So, they charge me $30 and send me on my way, I'm tired of it.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,968 Posts
On the bright side it’s only a $30 diagnostic fee as opposed to the $170 my local dealer would charge.?

·
Registered
33 Posts
This YouTube video is not for the same gen. pilot as yours, but it may provide some insight into your AC issue.
South Main Auto Repair - Honda Pilot - Intermittent A/C

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Read carefully what I wrote: do you have the continuity at the AC pressure switch?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts