Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 LX pilot with 88,000 mileage. The A/C stopped blowing cold air in 2017, took it to the dealer and they said that the air compressor need to be replaced. So they replaced it after charging $2000. Luckily the vehicle had extended warranty, so that took care of it. Exactly 2 years later, the same problem happened. (A/C not blowing cold air). Took it back to the dealer and they are telling me that the compressor needs to be replaced again because the compressor cluth is not working. Please advise! Is this something common or the dealer is trying to rip me off. And I am without extended warranty since it had expired. Thx.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Also the clutch should have been replaced along with the compressor sounds like the dealership is ripping you off .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to the dealer, when they checked, they found that the issue was with the clutch. The thing is that the clutch was also replaced with the compressor 2 yrs ago. I don't understand how that can break so fast.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
According to the dealer, when they checked, they found that the issue was with the clutch. The thing is that the clutch was also replaced with the compressor 2 yrs ago. I don't understand how that can break so fast.
They usually don't not if it's a new OEM part

·
Registered
136 Posts
if the clutch is burned up you can just replace the clutch, all you would need is a 10 mm wrench on an electric impact and some snap ring pliers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts