Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started having weird issues with the front A/C blower in my 2007 Pilot. After starting the car, the a/c blower may or may not cut on. If it doesn't come on right away, randomly sometime along my commute it cuts on. Also, when it is on, the power with which it blows varies greatly. And it seems if I hit a bump or pothole, it changes the blower power. So, I am wondering if there is some wiring issue or a short somewhere that is causing random power to the unit. It does blow cold air when the blower decides to work. It also sounds like there is something in the fan cage, so I do plan on getting under the glove box and cleaning out the fan. I am just wondering if there is some wiring or fuse I should look at as well while under the glove box? Or maybe just replace the whole blower motor now? If it were cooler out I might put it off a little longer, but we are already in the mid-80s here in Florida.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Clean out the squirrel cage. You mentioned you hear something is stuck in there so I’d rule out the obvious first. Try that and report back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Which HVAC system do you have? Is it the base system with three large rotating knobs, with one knob controlling fan speed, or the uplevel system with the central control knob and fan speed controlled by pushbutton? If the latter, the blower motor resistor is the likely problem. I have had two late-model Fords with full-auto HVAC with the same fan speed behavior as you described. Both problems were remedied with replacement of the blower motor resistor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts