Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04 pilot has a problem with the A/C. When driving in stop and go traffic and the temperature is above 87 degrees, the A/C will shut down some of the time. As soon as I get back up to normal speed and not stop and go the A/C returns to work fine Local dealer has checked out twice and cannot recreate problem. They contacted Honda Tech Line and there are no bulletins there. I contacted Honda of America, and about all they will do is say if dealer cannot recreate and they have no bulletin, they cannot do anything, but when it happens again (which will be next summer) they will open a case file but cannot do anything if it cannot be recreated. I find this to be bull - some problem has to start somewhere and they should be trying to find out why, not wait until it happens to other owners and it can be recreated to do anything about it. I live in Delaware and the temps will likely not go that high this season. When I owned Toyota's (7) and one of them had a unique problem, they worked on it continually and had their Area Toyota Rep get in on it, and since I then lived in CA then, they took the car to their service headquarters in San Ramon, gave me a new car to use until they were able to solve the problem. Any suggestions!!!!!

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Barry said:
. . . Any suggestions!!!!!
What dealer?
Maybe try another, or call Honda!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As stated, I did call Honda of America. Only one other dealer in the area, and when I mentioned why I wanted a second opinion, the service manager, just shrugged his shoulders, and said if it cannot be recreated they could not help.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
The climate control unit has a self-diagnosis function. If there are no DTC's detected while running the self-diagnosis function and the system is still not operating properly, have them check the sensor input to the climate control unit.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Barry said:
As stated, I did call Honda of America. Only one other dealer in the area, and when I mentioned why I wanted a second opinion, the service manager, just shrugged his shoulders, and said if it cannot be recreated they could not help.
Where is DE??

There is one in Wilm, and one in Newark, and several in PA and MD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 04 pilot has a problem with the A/C. When driving in stop and go traffic and the temperature is above 87 degrees, the A/C will shut down some of the time. As soon as I get back up to normal speed and not stop and go the A/C returns to work fine Local dealer has checked out twice and cannot recreate problem. They contacted Honda Tech Line and there are no bulletins there. I contacted Honda of America, and about all they will do is say if dealer cannot recreate and they have no bulletin, they cannot do anything, but when it happens again (which will be next summer) they will open a case file but cannot do anything if it cannot be recreated. I find this to be bull - some problem has to start somewhere and they should be trying to find out why, not wait until it happens to other owners and it can be recreated to do anything about it. I live in Delaware and the temps will likely not go that high this season. When I owned Toyota's (7) and one of them had a unique problem, they worked on it continually and had their Area Toyota Rep get in on it, and since I then lived in CA then, they took the car to their service headquarters in San Ramon, gave me a new car to use until they were able to solve the problem. Any suggestions!!!!!
With this being an old thread, I'm sure the problem was addressed. But for anyone else who finds this within a search and is still looking for an answer, for my Pilot the issue was with a faulty A/C clutch and a weak spring. The clutch is about $60-$80 to replace. The hard part is accessing the A/C compressor to then access and replace the clutch. Enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts