Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering on how many people actually know what this is..

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
My dad still has his 8 track stereo system. Not sure the last time he played an 8 track on it though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow. Such memories.
I recall needing a comb jammed under the tape to keep it working. Eventually humidity messed up the tapes to the point they would no longer work. At that point you fished out the tape from the front, held on to it and threw the cassette out the window for a final bit of amusement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Barely.....but yes my parents had 8-track even into the 80's when I was a kid. I've also heard of 8-Mile.

Never did I think I'd have a vehicle that could play movies on it but here we are....and its a used 2014 vehicle with a dvd player and a little screen and even wireless headphones. Kinda crazy given what we had 40 years ago!

·
Registered
283 Posts
You have an 8 track player in your 2015?? Amazing!! LoL. I have an old Realistic stereo system with tuner, turn table, cassette and 8 track. It's a special 8 track too, it can RECORD on blank 8 tracks!!! I don't have too many 8 track tapes for it. Got Elvis' greatest hits though. LoL.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Since I moved from Europe to North America I could never play my collection of vinyl records due to the houses being all wood planks, not concrete like real ones. Walk across the living room and the stylus goes vzhhhhhhhhhhh...

·
Banned
157 Posts
Since I moved from Europe to North America I could never play my collection of vinyl records due to the houses being all wood planks, not concrete like real ones. Walk across the living room and the stylus goes vzhhhhhhhhhhh...
Those crappy SL-1200mk2 turntables have no isolation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts