Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking mine tomorrow to the dealer for 7500 miles service. Was quoted a price of 79.95 - High, Low or just right ? (I know the last one never happens !)

Also, the center console seems to pop open by itself sometimes. Going to ask the dealer to take a look at this as well. Anyone else having this problem ?

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
is'nt 7500 mile service just the oil change....seems pretty expensive for a oil change....

my dealer had quoted $30 for the express oil change...:2:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Ask what it includes.
Then decide if you want to pay for the "inspections".
All it NEEDS is a oild change and tire rotation.
Should be $20 to $30 for the oil change, and $10 to $20 for the tire rotation.
My dealer charges $24 and $12 respectivly.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I spent $32, tax included, for an oil/filter change and tire rotation. You can pay me the $48 and I'll LOOK at all the visual inspection areas your service department said they will check for you:22: :22: :22:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the quick replies ... I do realize that I'm a moron (That's what my wife keeps telling me everyday ! :D )

Anyway, the dealer has a printer brochure with the service listed as 79.95 (Essentially oil change + tire rotation + visual inspections). So, my question is how do you bargain in this case ? They will always tell it is a Honda technicians shop as compared to others outside and therefore that is their price ....

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Do what I do

Ask what it includes, then say,
"Thanks, I will just take the oil change and tire rotation" :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Just got back from my service. $26.00 for oil change and tire rotation. The local dealer does not charge for rotation as long as it is being done with another service.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Too Much..Get an express oil change for under 25 bucks, and go to local shop and have tires rotated for 20 bucks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just had my 7,500 mile service a couple of week ago at the local Honda dealer. I think it was around $79.99 as well. I had the same problem with my center console, the hinges had come loose and the lid wouldn't really clasp closed. It'd pop open ever time I bumped it. The fixed it under warranty.

As far as the express lube jobs go, I'm really wary of those places. Q Lube (now a Jiffy Lube) put the wrong filter on my Honda CRV. It must have been close because the seal didn't fail for over 1K miles, then it went. Luckily I was on a short 1 mile trip to the store and I noticed the oil slick when I got out. Had I gotten on the highway I'd have siezed the engine for sure. It was my mechanic who discovered they had installed the wrong oil filter. Another earlier time, they left a pair of linesmans pliers sitting on top of the engine. If those had fallen into the fan while it was running, who knows what might have happened.

·
Registered
144 Posts
kemosabe said:

I think I'm paying too much to have my vehicles serviced..... but I don't care!!!!! :12: :12: :12:
Hey kemo

let me have the address. Got a couple of dollars burning a hole in my pocket!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
kemosabe said:

Hey PilotCrazy... she's mine -- but her assistant mechanic is available to service you... :D You can reach her at 69 Lovers Lane...
What a pal!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Console pop up

I have grown rather weary of waiting for my Honda dealer to get the required parts to fix my console pop up ---I have discovered that the hinges are loose. The rear part of the console just pulls off and I took a screw driver and tightened the 2 screws back down --no more pop up! I wonder how long it will last?? Its pretty sad that it has taken more than a month and still no parts --even sadder that the factory, where they are built is less than an hour away!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Dealer Coupons

Sometimes, the local Honda dealer sends out coupons, like this one for 15% off the regularly scheduled maintenance...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I just had the 7500 maintenance done for my Pilot. It cost $92.23. Pretty expensive for an oil change and tire rotation.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
This dealership uses a checkoff list of items they changed or inspected.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I didn't really have any problems with my Pilot. But I had the dealership look at a window rattle and the loose rear spoiler. The service advisor said the rattle was do to the vent visor I put on. The loose rear spoiler, they added loctite.

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
My dealer also wanted close to $90 for the 7,500 mile service. When I asked what they wanted to do, they mentioned the oil change, tire rotation and complete vehicle inspection including brakes. I asked why was it anything more than the oil and tires and they said that they always followed the extreme driving condition schedule. When I said I only wanted the oil and tires he said it would be $78, $28 for the oil and $50 for the tires. I asked if the rotation included spinning and balancing, he said "No".
I said "Forget the tires, I can do that myself for free". I mean, come on, $50 to rotate the tires? What a joke.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts