Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They actually have a printout to help justify their $80 service charge. This is what is says:

Drain and refill engine oil
Replace oil filter
Rotate tires
Inflate tires to 35 psi, including spare to 60 psi
Inspect tire condition
Inspect front brake condition; approx 85% of front pads remaining
Adjust hand brake
Check brake fluid resevoir level
Check battery and fluid levels
Check automatic transmission fluid level
Check clutch adjustment and hydraulic fluid level
Check radiator and overflow coolant level and fill
Check windshield washer fluid level
Clean air filter
Inspect power steering resevoir level, fill if necessary
Inpect radiator fan operation On at __ Off at __

Static checks
Turn signals and lights
Horn operation
All accessories, radio etc...

Road test
Shift mechanism
Guages
Wheel balance
Windshield washer operation
Windshield wipers
Brake & parking brake operation

That is what is recommended and done each 7500 miles at Pacific Honda in San Diego. From now on, I'll probably just go with the oil/filter change and the rotation.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Warranty work

Console door: :mad:
The cell phone holder will not hold position when opening.
Unable to improve.

Scrunch: :D
Chrunchy noise from drivers window while driving.
Cause: Dirty. Cleaned and lubed left front run channel.

Window switch: :mad:
Right Rear window switch sticks in close position.
This was hand-written, so I don't know if the even looked at it. It still sticks.

Sagging seat: :D
The drivers seat cushion is sagging.
Cause: Deteriorationg. R/R drivers seat cushion sublet labor. Subl a/b upholstery.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Re: Warranty work

Ferdball said:
Unable to improve.

Scrunch: :D
Chrunchy noise from drivers window while driving.
Cause: Dirty. Cleaned and lubed left front run channel.

Window switch: :mad:
Right Rear window switch sticks in close position.
This was hand-written, so I don't know if the even looked at it. It still sticks.

Cause: Deteriorationg. R/R drivers seat cushion sublet labor. Subl a/b upholstery.

Is Honda going to replace the seat cushion? Or are they going to reupholster the seat?

thanks

rob

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

Ferdball said:
Unable to improve.

Cause: Deteriorating. R/R drivers seat cushion sublet labor. Subl a/b upholstery.

Ferdball, I think there is a metal piece that snaps into a detent position - this holds the cell phone door in the opened 45 degree position. I think it is on the driver side hinge. This might be the piece that needs to be fixed.

More importantly, does the dealership note on the sagging leather indicate that dealerships are dealing with this as a warranty issue !!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I also have the saggy leather and it looks like your dealership is subcontracting the upholstery repair to an upholstery shop. It would be great news to know if Honda dealerships are addressing this problem as a warrantied repair. Are the pics of the pre- or post- repaired front seats?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,953 Posts

Ferdball said:
so what did they do and what happened???

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The sag is GONE!

Yup, he sent it out to an upholstery shop and they fixed it somehow. I'll ask him details tomorrow when I go back. This was all covered under warranty. In fact, he mentioned that I might want to wait until I was closer to the end of the warranty period.

I'd try the cell phone holder fix, but I don't know how to open up the console to get to it. The service advisor said that 'it could not be improved.'

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These are the AFTER pics, by the way. I don't have any before pics, sorry.

·
Registered
991 Posts
So the pics that we see here are pics after Honda fixed the sag?

If so, I can see the sag starting to show again..

rob

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gopilot said:
I can see the sag starting to show again..
Take off, eh!? The seats do show a little from my BAB (Big Ass Butt), but it is a lot better than before. Too bad I don't have a before pic. Eddie, my service advisor, actually showed my seat to another SA. They both agreed that it should be fixed. I think your SA's attitude depends a lot on the type of service you get.

On my second trip back, I complained that the window switch wasn't fixed and that the car needed an alignment. This time around, he almost acused me of spilling something on the switch. They ended up ordering a part for the switch and doing the alignment. The alignment helped the drifting/wandering of the vehicle at highway speeds.

Overall, I think I got great service.

·
Registered
991 Posts
It is nice when the dealer provides great service! I know of some dealers that are just brutal (GM is BAD)... Glad to see you are one of the first to get your sag fixed!

:D

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
7,500 mile minor maintenance - San Francisco Honda

Just received a coupon in the mail from San Francisco Honda. Their coupon price for 7,500 mile service ...

$119.95

How do you spell highway robbery?

SF Honda

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

Ferdball said:
Unable to improve.
Ferdball, here an illustrated pic. There are metal clips that snap into notches on the bottom of the door arms. They are tough to see but you should "feel" the clips snapping into the notches.

Note: the top of the picture is the passenger side of and the bottom of the picture is the driver side - making the left side of the picture the side toward the front of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: 7,500 mile minor maintenance - San Francisco Honda

sfhondapilot said:
Just received a coupon in the mail from San Francisco Honda. Their coupon price for 7,500 mile service ...

$119.95

How do you spell highway robbery?

....highway robbery is that coupon price (I wonder what they charge w/o the coupon) coupled with this Amoco next door to SF Honda... :3: :(

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Re: Re: 7,500 mile minor maintenance - San Francisco Honda

kemosabe said:

....highway robbery is that coupon price (I wonder what they charge w/o the coupon) coupled with this Amoco next door to SF Honda... :3: :(
Here's the highway robbery evidence.

BTW, notice that they will accept other service dept coupons. Anyone have a good coupon they'd be willing to share?

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 7,500 mile minor maintenance - San Francisco Honda

sfhondapilot said:

Here's the highway robbery evidence.

BTW, notice that they will accept other service dept coupons. Anyone have a good coupon they'd be willing to share?
I wish I did... I never received any coupons from my dealer: Ziploc, who lives probably less than 5 miles from me, also bought her Pilot at the same dealership (Criswell Honda in Germantown) and she received a coupon for service... Weird how they (the dealer) sent coupons to some and not others... oh well!! :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts