Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have a whistle that comes on around 70mph (sooner in a head wind and sometimes not at all). It seems to come from the windshield but I am not sure.

I have a perfect fit wind defector but it sure doesn't sound like its from that. I don't have the cross members on the roof rack.

Its going in next week, any ideas on what to tell them? (I have a feeling they will not find anything)

Any one have this and fixed it?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
There have been several threads about wind noise at 70mph like you mentioned. Check here or do a search for "wind noise" or "70mph".

The only fixes I know of have been when it was related to roof accessories and improper installations.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the thread

After reading it, it sounded like most were talking about the louder wind noise that comes from bigger vehicles like SUV's. The sound I have is a real whistle sound, above the "wind noise".

·
Registered
289 Posts
Wind "whistle" fixed

I had the same thing. It wasn't just noise but a real whistle. The dealer tried and tried to find it; but couldn't. Finally they had a glass shop pull the window and put in a complete new window seal they had sent from the factory. Noise gone.:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same whistle that Dpitt232 described, and have had my Pilot in to Lisle (IL) Honda three times to work on the problem.

Trip #4 is set up for Thursday the 24th - will bring a copy of this thread with me for the service manager.

Thanks!

·
Registered
242 Posts
:mad: I also have a whistle from the windshield. It occurs on the passenger side corner > 45MPH and driver to passenger crosswind.

I also have the window gasket scrunch.

I will get them both worked during 7500 service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts