Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have read every post about these codes, but can't find anything good about 61-1 so I am creating another one just in case anyone has any good ideas. 2007 Honda Pilot Exl 155000 miles. Most recent service was new battery and alternator, tranny fluid change at dealer.

My father in law borrowed car Saturday and brought it back with CEL on. During that time he put gas in the car, but did not fill the tank completely, only abobut 3/4 full. Took it to auto store to get the codes. I got 61-1 and PO420. Argh. So PO420 is a demon. Lot's of post on that one. But I couldn't get anything definitive on 61-1. I don't want to start diagnosing the PO420 until I clear the 61-1 because maybe the one begets the other right? I can't imagine that it is a battery, alternator issue because I had both changed not 6 months ago at the dealer. My plan currently is to fill the car with premium gas for a couple tanks and also get Advance to do a battery/alternator test. What do you think? Anyone else get their 61-1 resolved? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
If car was left with lights on and drained the already going out battery, you can see battery failure code. Or if it is just a coincidence, and your alternator is dying. The age and mileage are about right for the failure of both.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can - Thanks for your reply. I just noticed that I mistyped one very important letter in my post. When I said I CAN imagine, i meant I CAN"T imagine it's the battery or alternator because i just had them changed at the dealer not 6 months ago. I am going to get them tested just the same at lunch. Checked battery connection earlier and it was tight.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went out to lunch and when I started the car the light was off. Maybe the problem corrected itself and I just hit the correct number of drive cycles after the fix. Maybe it was magic pixies. I hope those pixies go fix my 91 Ford F150 next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts