Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX 4WD (J35A9)
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Honda DW-1 at Amazon

EDIT: Keep your eye on the delivery date. It's about 1 month out for me.

It looks like the sale price is for Prime Members only, but it's a 6 pack of quarts bottles of DW-1. This is the same per quart price as Maxlife ATF, the generally accepted alternative.

Maxlife = 4 quart jug at $18 = $4.50 per quart
DW-1 = 6 single quarts at $27 = $4.50 per quart

If you see the regular high price for the DW-1, look at the other price and sellers for the product and you will see it.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,236 Posts
Looks like the deal you linked to loses a bit of its luster if it crosses the border.
When you see it, you will...

·
Registered
11,395 Posts
If it's not coming from a dealership, how do you know it's genuine?
Is Honda bootleggin it through some independent store? I'm having serious doubts.

Reactions: 20Piloteer07

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,579 Posts
If it's not coming from a dealership, how do you know it's genuine?
Is Honda bootleggin it through some independent store? I'm having serious doubts.
I’ve ordered DW-1 on Amazon several times now. No difference that I can tell from dealer DW-1. I wouldn’t be concerned.

·
Registered
11,395 Posts
I’ve ordered DW-1 on Amazon several times now. No difference that I can tell from dealer DW-1. I wouldn’t be concerned.
It may be Genuine. The fact still remains that we don't know for sure. Maybe his brother in law owns a Honda dealership.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,863 Posts

·
Registered
11,395 Posts
Do we know of any actual instances of counterfeit DW-1?
Only way to know is to have it analyzed. If I couldn't prove the source, I'd be skeptical, it being sold at such a low price.
Idemitsu Type H plus is suposed to be identical to DW-1.

·
Registered
10,236 Posts
It depends, if the shipping is $494.00 American then yeah that's a bummer. If it is $494.00 Canadian then that's only $3.76 for shipping. 😄
Yeah, but plus Canadian taxes and it's a wash.

Our dollar is on the raise these days :) 80cents now and climbing hehe Doubt we'll ever see par again, but still hoping so $$
Last time I saw it at par was 1976. Back when there was still a 1-dollar bill and a 2-dollar bill.

·
Registered
11,395 Posts
Yeah, but plus Canadian taxes and it's a wash.

Last time I saw it at par was 1976. Back when there was still a 1-dollar bill and a 2-dollar bill.

Good thing you don't use DW-1.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
141 Posts
BUT, it will NEVER equal the US Dollar as long as you have a denomination of currency called the Loonie! 😂 🤣

View attachment 149740
Heh,. Sad but pretty true.

I enjoyed when we hit par around 2010. We exchanged a good sum at that time which has fueled many a good time in Vegas, Waikiki and other trips over the years. I'm just 45min from the boarder, so (post pandemic) enjoy(ed) going down for a weekend or so and bringing back cheap groceries etc. duty free. Can't wait till this boarder closure is lifted and we can visit friends again and throw a huge BBQ! Missing some people.

·
Administrator
4,863 Posts
Heh,. Sad but pretty true.

I enjoyed when we hit par around 2010. We exchanged a good sum at that time which has fueled many a good time in Vegas, Waikiki and other trips over the years. I'm just 45min from the boarder, so (post pandemic) enjoy(ed) going down for a weekend or so and bringing back cheap groceries etc. duty free. Can't wait till this boarder closure is lifted and we can visit friends again and throw a huge BBQ! Missing some people.
You know if we added 10 more states, ie: absorbing the 10 provinces to the north, the VAT tax would go away. So would your medical care for all, but the two dollars would have the same value. ;)😂

Then we could have self leveling headlights and you could get parts and accessories for a more reasonable price.

·
Registered
10,236 Posts
Doubt there'll ever be as good deals again as The Louisiana Purchase.

And you're forgetting the three territories, which make up over a third of Canada's land mass. I wonder if you can even name them without having to look them up?

Furthermore, as sadly demonstrated last winter in Texas, "You want the cold? You can't handle the cold."

·
Registered
141 Posts

And you're forgetting the three territories, which make up over a third of Canada's land mass. I wonder if you can even name them without having to look them up?

Furthermore, as sadly demonstrated last winter in Texas, "You want the cold? You can't handle the cold."
North West Territories... ... /duck and hide to have nun of it...

·
Registered
141 Posts
That was something else! My friends in Austin shared pics of their palms and yard dead from the cold... landscaping expenses are the sux.. Glad I just need the trimmer and weed wacker. these bushes grow like weeds.

·
Administrator
4,863 Posts

No, I haven't forgotten the territories. We had many many territories that eventually became states . They just have to want it and work it out. Besides if there were no territories there would never be great movies like The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.

·
Registered
10,236 Posts
Not quite done yet...

• American Samoa

• Guam

• Northern Mariana Islands

• Puerto Rico

• U.S. Virgin Islands

Only been to the second one myself.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts