Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Honda Pilot and while going to work this morning the dash lit up like a power plant!
Hill start Assist problem
Vehile Stability Assist Problem
Emissions System Problem
Trailer Stability Assist Problem
Power Steering System Problem
I read where this is a common problem. I’m now at my local Honda dealership and they are acting like they have never seen/heard of this before. It’s going to be $110 just to pull it in.
Any suggestions on how to handle the situation??

·
Registered
353 Posts
A problem with one system can prevent other systems from working properly. Most likely, you have an Emissions System Problem and the other warning lights/messages are in response to that.

Hundreds of different things can cause an Emissions System Problem message to appear, but the most common so far on the Pilot has been failed fuel injectors.

Pay the diagnostic fee and see where you're at.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yep! It was the fuel injector, since my car has 106k on it, no warranty. It’s going to cost 1,100!
This is on the lower end of what some folks have reported but yeah, still a LOT of money for a "reliable" Honda. This is why this should not be covered under a TSB or under the Emissions Laws, but should be a full recall by Honda. This is not right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2016 Honda Pilot and while going to work this morning the dash lit up like a power plant!
Hill start Assist problem
Vehile Stability Assist Problem
Emissions System Problem
Trailer Stability Assist Problem
Power Steering System Problem
I read where this is a common problem. I’m now at my local Honda dealership and they are acting like they have never seen/heard of this before. It’s going to be $110 just to pull it in.
Any suggestions on how to handle the situation??
First of all, your Honda dealership is lying to you. This is a very, very common problem which is caused by fuel injectors being manufactured improperly. They will cover the cost of this repair but you have to argue and threaten them to get Mother Honda involved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had this same issue on my 2016 Pilot, just over 60k miles. Dealership covered the $1300ish injector repair under a federal emissions warranty.

Yay!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Is that different from a car warranty?
Yes and no. The emissions warranty covers only certain parts such as the fuel tank and caps, catalytic converters, etc. The time limit and mile limits for the warranty depends on the model year, the part which is defective and also what state the car is registered in. The best thing to do is look at your warranty book under "Emissions Warranty" to see what your particular vehicle location covers and for how long.

Here is a good link to read a little about the emissions warranty but note this is for the state of North Carolina. Your state may be different. You should have a warranty book for your Pilot which will explain it better. I can't seem to find it online right now.

Emissions Warranty North Carolina

1 - 9 of 9 Posts