Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know when the 4th generation pilot will hit the lots? I currently have
a 2016 Xxl and it has been an outstanding vehicle. almost 29,000 miles on it with zero issues.

I want to replace it in a few years and am thinking about the next generation pilot or the next generation Acura MDX.

·
Registered
302 Posts
They just did a mid change on the 2019. Pilot is one of there biggest sellers as is. I don't see another full generation change for at least 2 to 3 years. Retooling is costly, if they weren't selling then I would say sooner.

·
Registered
399 Posts
yea its going to be a while. its one of the most roomiest family vehicles without having to actually own a van. And competition from the other japanese brands still haven't found the formula to surpass it--even subaru, which even looks like they tried to copy the chassis and exterior design of the current pilot with that Ascent. the highlander is nice but not as roomy, and the cx9 is a polished vehicle in the class but not practical for those actually looking for roomy with usable 3rd row.

·
Super Moderator
15,153 Posts
Nope
The MDX is replaced first.

First gen Pilot ran from 03 to 08, second 09 to 15. Third gen, 16 to well anyone's guess no sooner than 2022 my guess later than that.

A driver towards later will be the incredibly complex decisions on in the next generation of powertrains which will dictate chassis and other design elements.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Nope
The MDX is replaced first.

First gen Pilot ran from 03 to 08, second 09 to 15. Third gen, 16 to well anyone's guess no sooner than 2022 my guess later than that.

A driver towards later will be the incredibly complex decisions on in the next generation of powertrains which will dictate chassis and other design elements.
"second 09 to 15. Third gen, 16 to well anyone's guess no sooner than 2022 my guess later than that." This is when Honda decided to bring on board Fisher Price

1 - 5 of 5 Posts