Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Honda Pilot elite approaching 49,000 miles. The car has been great, but has had random moments of extremely excessive vibration the past few weeks. It’s at the dealership currently, but am beginning to regret not purchasing an extended warranty. My question is, is it too late to order/purchase a Honda extended warranty that are often advertised on this site?

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
You have to still be within the 3/36 bumper to bumper to get a Honda extended warranty. There may be aftermarket options for you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2017 Honda Pilot elite approaching 49,000 miles. The car has been great, but has had random moments of extremely excessive vibration the past few weeks. It’s at the dealership currently, but am beginning to regret not purchasing an extended warranty. My question is, is it too late to order/purchase a Honda extended warranty that are often advertised on this site?
I’ve a 2016 Honda Pilot with 52500 miles in Aug 2019. The fuel system injector failed, I had to pay $1250 and Honda wouldn’t cover it. Immediately, I bought extended warranty from Honda dealership for $1528 - 4yr/48000 miles. You need extended warranty for new Honda vehicles as they are overrated and have become unreliable.

·
Registered
306 Posts
My question is, is it too late to order/purchase a Honda extended warranty that are often advertised on this site?
It's too late for you to purchase Honda Care since you're past the 3/36 window of opportunity. However, you can sell the vehicle to a Honda dealer who can sell it back to you as a HondaTrue Certified pre-owned vehicle which will not only add a year or 12,000 miles of non-powertrain coverage and provide 7 years or 100,000 miles of powertrain coverage, but also give you another opportunity to purchase Honda Care.

Of course, the dealer will want to buy your Pilot for trade-in value, sell it to you for retail, and add in their cost for the HondaTrue Certified pre-owned warranty, so it'll probably cost you around $7,000 to pull this off. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yy
It's too late for you to purchase Honda Care since you're past the 3/36 window of opportunity. However, you can sell the vehicle to a Honda dealer who can sell it back to you as a HondaTrue Certified pre-owned vehicle which will not only add a year or 12,000 miles of non-powertrain coverage and provide 7 years or 100,000 miles of powertrain coverage, but also give you another opportunity to purchase Honda Care.

Of course, the dealer will want to buy your Pilot for trade-in value, sell it to you for retail, and add in their cost for the HondaTrue Certified pre-owned warranty, so it'll probably cost you around $7,000 to pull this off. :)
You can actually buy extended warranty after 36K. I bought mine at Honda dealership in Cumming, GA for $1528 - 4yr/48000 mikes.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yy

You can actually buy extended warranty after 36K. I bought mine at Honda dealership in Cumming, GA for $1528 - 4yr/48000 mikes.
Everything I've read indicates that your vehicle must be 3 years old or newer and have no more than 36,000 miles in order to purchase a genuine Honda Care VSC. There are third parties that will sell service contracts once that window has passed, though. Coverage usually isn't as comprehensive and requires pre-authorization for repairs.

I suspect you don't have a genuine Honda Care VSC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts