Votes: 4 8.0%
  • 20-25

Votes: 4 8.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.

401k Contributions

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  rodmiser 
#1 ·
What % do you contribute to your 401k???

#2 ·
Saving for the futre has always been important to us. I put the maximum ($11,000 this year, $12,000 next year, etc.) away each year. The wife puts 15% into a 403b (hospital). Our target retirement age is 55 for me and 54 for her (same year).

Chris

#3 ·
xyzzy said:
Saving for the futre has always been important to us. I put the maximum ($11,000 this year, $12,000 next year, etc.) away each year. The wife puts 15% into a 403b (hospital). Our target retirement age is 55 for me and 54 for her (same year).

Chris
Awesome!!! Don't forget to max your Roth IRAs...$6000 this year for married couples!!!

#4 ·
6% into 401K
+
defined benefit retirement plan (2% X yrs. of svc. X ave. of 5 highest compensated yrs.)
+
5% retirement health saving plan (employer sponsored, tax-free in and tax-free out for medical expenses after 55)
+
$10K - $20K annual investment of non-wage income.

#5 ·
$11K into 401K plus 3% ESOP into my account; wife contributes the state mandated amount into teachers retirement plan; and we both max out the Roth IRAs plus I'm retired military (great benefit but misnomer since you merely change careers) and have already been reaping the retired pay for two years and I'm only 46.

#7 ·
what the heck does my 401k have to do with anything
I agree with fisherman. Let's stay on topic now. BTW, what is your favorite type of food you like to eat in your Pilot? I like baloney sandwiches; it's easy to clean the mayonaise off my leather seats if it accidentally drips off my sandwich. I think it also conditions the leather nicely.

:lurk:

Evergreen

Reactions: Irish Pilot Mender
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.