Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wife called me a little while ago. She worked a night shift in the hospital and in her way back home driving in the snow and the 4 wheel drive not engaging and the vtm-4 light on. Recently I cycled out the AFT with because I got a clutch 3 error (p0847) . Which resolved on its own after the dump a s refill of VML. She took a snap shot of the dash. Could it be the sensor that throwing off the 4 wheel drive? Or what else should I look at. She hasn’t arrived home yet and I haven’t hooked up a scanner to it yet to see if it’s throwing any new codes. As always thanks for all your advice

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update. The vtm-4 light is still on but the truck is driving in 4 wheel drive but the indicator on the dash on the 4 wheels is not indicating that the 4 wheels are engaging even though it’s driving in 4 wheel drive.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Wife got home threw on a one scanner no check engine or any light on. but throwing the same po847 code. I guess I need the sensor after all? Could that. Have thrown off the 4wheel drive indicator and tripped the vtm4 error?

just ordered the sensor changing it regardless. Still looking into what else could cause the issue?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yes, replace that sensor. Everything freaks out and disables stuff. We don’t have 4wd but lord knows it lit up the dash with stuff flashing and all. I bet you’ll be good to go once you replace the sensor. Thankfully it’s an easy and quick fix once you get the part.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, replace that sensor. Everything freaks out and disables stuff. We don’t have 4wd but lord knows it lit up the dash with stuff flashing and all. I bet you’ll be good to go once you replace the sensor. Thankfully it’s an easy and quick fix once you get the part.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts