Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get just the external part of the wiring harness? my plug is all corroded and I want to replace that last section. I was also thinking about trying to wire a harness from the inside and just pull it out the back when I'm pulling at trailer (which isn't too often), that way I protect the plug from Wisconsin winter road salt.
Thanks...Dan

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get just the external part of the wiring harness? my plug is all corroded and I want to replace that last section. I was also thinking about trying to wire a harness from the inside and just pull it out the back when I'm pulling at trailer (which isn't too often), that way I protect the plug from Wisconsin winter road salt.
Thanks...Dan
Wal-mart has a small trailer towing section. They have this for $4.97 . It doesn't come with much wire.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,188 Posts
When you splice those wires on the harness together use some adhesive lined heat shrink tubing to cover each solder joint. I think you can even get heat shrink tubing with integrated solder to make it a one step process.

If the four pin harness is hanging near the spare tire, could you wrap it up with a plastic bag to protect it from road salt? Just keep it away from exhaust system.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks...I actually already ordered and have a trailer wiring kit to get a new plug to put on, along with crimp and heat shrink tube connectors.
I was hoping for this part:

vs buying the whole kit:

Thanks again for any suppliers/retailers that might have just the final section.
Dan

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To protect it going forward...I think I will use some of the dielectric grease on them. close the cover and put electrical tape around it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts