Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the speaker configuration when playing the RES through the 7 speaker system? Are we just missing the center channel? (2+2 fronts & 2 rear speakers and the sub, right?) thus...4.1.
Are the front and rears separated?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think EX-L RES is 6.1

:p There are 2 below the front windshield, 2 front and 2 rear + sub.

:cool: 2003 Pilot SS EX-L RES,Fog Lights with Lower Trim,Crossbars for Roof Rails,Half Nose Mask,Rear Splash Guards,Running Boards,Rear Back-Up Sensors,Wheel Locks,Auto Day/Night Mirror,Wood-Grain Trim Panel—All Interior Trim,EX Emblem, VTEC Emblem,Gold Exhaust Finishers,Fog & Head Light using XD5 5100K Bulb, AutoShade Ventvisor,Fender Flare

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm not an expert on this but the only thing I know is that when I play a music CD in the RES it sounds better than in the radio CD.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4.1 SEPARATED?

...STILL NO ANSWER TO ORIGINAL POST.

How close is the dvd system in the Pilot to Dolby Digital 5.1. surround sound?

Are the front and rear channels playing SEPARATE sounds?If not, then all of the speakers, front and back, just playing 2 channel stereo sound.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
There is no indication that the Pilot has Dolby digital decoding which would approximate a 5.1 system. The 5 refers to 5 speaker channels (center, L front, R front, and L surround, R surround) with the ".1" a low frequency speaker.

If it had 5.1 (or "4.1") then the L rear and R rear speakers would only play the surround sound channels and you would hear nothing but echos and such from these speakers.

Sorry, but the Pilot simply has stereo sound (L and R) with one speaker being a subwoofer. The number of speakers does not indicate surround sound. If it did, then my college car would have been a 12.1 system.
:2:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Stereo only

Stuck a video Essentials DVD in the Pilot. It does not separate front/rear or sub. Just right and left

1 - 6 of 6 Posts