Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Dark Cherry Pearl Honda Pilot 4D Sport Utility EX-L Saddle
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 60% split section is stuck in the upright position and will not budge. Is there a manual release somewhere under the seat? I just want to keep it in the folded position

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
This is the manual release. Is it not working?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
None of the levers will release the seat. I'm thinking there must be a spring and hook somewhere under the seat

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,249 Posts
From an older thread the forum software doesn't allow to quote directly (hey, admins!):

The passenger side single seat is easier to fix, by switching the cable to the unbroken, unused side of the latch:

middle seat latch broken, won't fold down

The passenger side double seat is a more involved fix, because both sides are used by two cables, so the solution is to fabricate a metal bracing plate:

Because, as Scotty Kilmer says...

I suppose you could also find the latch at a salvage yard.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From an older thread the forum software doesn't allow to quote directly (hey, admins!):

The passenger side single seat is easier to fix, by switching the cable to the unbroken, unused side of the latch:

The passenger side double seat is a more involved fix, because both sides are used by two cables, so the solution is to fabricate a metal bracing plate:

I suppose you could also find the latch at a salvage yard.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Thanks, but isn't that for the middle row? My middle folds just fine, its the 3rd row driver's side that is stuck in the upright position

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
OK, perhaps you'll get lucky and it's just a bolt that needs to be tightened.

Check this out. So I brought the Pilot to Honda. They said the internal seat frame was bent and wanted $880 for the repair. I took the advice given above and called a reputable upholstery shop. (Don's Auto Upholstery in Memphis) Brought it in today. 10 minutes later, the guy calls me to the back, has me look at the seat and says, "Is this the way it should be?" It is now rock solid and in place. I freaked out. He said that a bolt had worked loose that held the seat back in its upright and locked position. He tightened it and all is good. And he didn't even charge me. So from $880 at Honda to free at the upholstery shop. What is wrong with Honda??? Should I call the Service Manager?

On a side note, did any of you know that the 3rd row has 2 incline positions? Just learned that today.

Or it might be really rusty, so break out the WD-40.

3rd row stuck down in 2006 ex

Or the latch needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Or it might be really rusty, so break out the WD-40.
Especially after little Johnny had multiple accidents on the 3rd row seats. 🤭

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Especially after little Johnny had multiple accidents on the 3rd row seats. 🤭
Actually happened in my Pontiac Trans Sport years ago with a friend's little boy.
For weeks, I couldn't figure out where that funky smell came from.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts