Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many people have actually ridden in the 3rd row seat? I tried it and am glad I am a driver, but for kids it is not so bad, except on an extended drive it could become uncomfortable..

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Try a search. Many posts on this topic, most agreeing that the 3rd row is only for kids, for short trips.

·
Registered
747 Posts
My opinion, also in another thread, 5'6" or under can fit in without problem. Anyone taller may have problem put their knee together.

·
Registered
991 Posts
timchen said:
My opinion, also in another thread, 5'6" or under can fit in without problem. Anyone taller may have problem put their knee together.
I can confirm this, I am 5'6" and was comfortable in the third seat BUT that second row seat has to be adjustable in the next model! There is absolutely NO room for your feet back there. All Honda had to do was make the second row seats move about three inches and you have a usable third row for adults.. What a error.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Double Error

gopilot said:

I can confirm this, I am 5'6" and was comfortable in the third seat BUT that second row seat has to be adjustable in the next model! There is absolutely NO room for your feet back there. All Honda had to do was make the second row seats move about three inches and you have a usable third row for adults.. What a error.
They even have the design from the CR-V rear seat!

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
As a prospective buyer, I was most attracted at first to the fact that there was a 3rd available for the very few occasions when you needed to give one or two extra kids a ride home from a soccer game. It's a great thing to have available on occasion but I wouldn't buy it for everyday use. The Honda Pilot represents a way for many of us fathers to save our last shred of dignity before submitting to minivan domesticity. Honda really should have a Father's Day Promotion around this idea.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
robrecht said:
Can the third row be accessed with 1 or 2 car seats in the 2nd row?
Short answer: YES :)

Long answer: We have two car seats in the second row (one in the middle and the other behind the driver) and we access the third row from the passenger side -- that's where the "40" from the 60/40 split is... :p

·
Registered
747 Posts
kemosabe said:

Short answer: YES :)

Long answer: We have two car seats in the second row (one in the middle and the other behind the driver) and we access the third row from the passenger side -- that's where the "40" from the 60/40 split is... :p
Just wonder after spending so much time on this forum, where do you find time for making babies? :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts