Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look at your 3rd row seatbelt tonight when you get home-

If the 3rd row is flat, and you clip the belts together to secure them against the side of the Pilot, is one belt longer then the other creating a loop?

This is due to the rivet on one belt being higher than the other. Ck it out and please report back.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Designed that way...

As I was solving my cell cradle prob, I looked at this as well. Guess what? This Pilot had the higher rivet as well, causing the loop. Must be that way for a reason. Or, no one has pointed this out to Honda yet and the Pilots are going through the assembly line this way. Time will tell.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Loop

Me too. Right side (as your facing front) has a loop. No way to fix it that I can tell. Better a loop than letting it dangle and flop around when you drive!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Mine's loopy also.
I'm thinking of putting one of those large paper clip looking book marks on it.
I was thinking it must be that way for a reason but then again maybe not.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Loop

The same engineer that designed the loop also made the caps for the roof rack!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Loop

I took my Pilot in today to have the loop looked at. They stated that this was probably done for a reason but they didn't know why. They suggested I all American Honda customer service, which I have done, and someone is supposed to research this and give me a call and tell me why this is (all the pilots on the lot today had the same problem with the third row belt on the right side). More to follow.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks, rbetz, for calling Honda and asking about the scrunch and the seat belt loop!! I'll be looking forward to what they have to say...my window scrunch has not returned (fingers are crossed...) but of course the loop' still there...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Results

I will make known the answers that Honda gives me when they call. Also, if anyone is interested in the phone number for American Honda automobile customer service, it is 1-800-999-1009.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Am I missing something?

After seeing this post I looked at the belt set up. My vehicle does have the same unequal belt clip rivet. The passenger side belt hangs higher when they are just hanging, unclipped. I wasn't sure what you all meant about securing them and having an extra loop. The only way I could secure them was to lift the 3rd seats and buckle them into their respective seat buckles. I then noticed the little belt retainers at the outside edge. I slipped the belt material into them and when I lower the 3rd seats, the buckles are hidden nicely under the seat with just the webbing coming up from the sides. Seems very neat to me with no extra loops or anything????

What is the real issue here?

·
Registered
97 Posts
3rd Row

When the 3rd row seats are folded down and the seatbelts are 'disconnected' from the seats you can use the plastic clips to fasten the belts as they retension back into the vehicle. The right side cannot do this as the plastic button that is 'stapled' into the belt is too high to let the belt retension fully, thus leaving a loop. This only happens when the belt is entirely disconnected from their 3rd row seats.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: 3rd Row

rbetz said:
When the 3rd row seats are folded down and the seatbelts are 'disconnected' from the seats you can use the plastic clips to fasten the belts as they retension back into the vehicle. The right side cannot do this as the plastic button that is 'stapled' into the belt is too high to let the belt retension fully, thus leaving a loop. This only happens when the belt is entirely disconnected from their 3rd row seats.
rbetz,

I already know this. Hence the reason I started the thread. Is this Honda's official response on the subject???

Please let us know. BTW, I called the Honda relations lines as well and gave them some stuff to chew on. I think it is in every Pilot owner's interes to call and let Honda know.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I will post what Honda has for an answer after they have conducted their research.

The belts can also be secured to themselves after disconnecting from the 3rd row seats with the plastic clips . . . . . so they aren't just hanging free. This is where the loop comes into play on the right side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
<OT> gupt0014 - 3M Invisible Nose Mask

gupt0014,

Your signiture mentions that you have the 3M Invisible Nose Mask, what do you think of it? Any other details would be helpfull - cost, what parts are covered, who installed it??

Thanks for the info!

AJA

·
Registered
52 Posts
Interim Fix????

I rolled the bottom of the right belt, clip and all upon itself one full turn, then used the clip on the whole thing. No Loop! there is a small roll where the clip is, but it sure isn't as untidy as before! :4:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Resurrecting a somewhat dead thread

Here's what my dealer did...

Complained of this problem during my first service visit. The service advisor agreed, and ordered a new seat belt assembly (early November).

Took it in for the follow-up visit yesterday, and was told that the new one arrived with the rivet in the same place. They also looked on all those that were in (service or prep), and the rivet was in the same place. The service advisor agreed that this was poor engineering, and promptly removed the rivet (just pryed-it off with a screwdriver). Without the rivet, the belt clip lays real nice, but will probably bounce a little, so he put a new rivet in the same place as the one on the driver's side.

Now, at least they match, and the little hole left behind by the old rivet is difficult to notice (I rubbed the webbed-threads to fill the void).

Now, if only the other problems were that easy to fix!

Ed F
H-Blue EX-L

·
Registered
920 Posts
Re: Resurrecting a somewhat dead thread

gewf631 said:
Here's what my dealer did...

Complained of this problem during my first service visit. The service advisor agreed, and ordered a new seat belt assembly (early November).

Took it in for the follow-up visit yesterday, and was told that the new one arrived with the rivet in the same place. They also looked on all those that were in (service or prep), and the rivet was in the same place. The service advisor agreed that this was poor engineering, and promptly removed the rivet (just pryed-it off with a screwdriver). Without the rivet, the belt clip lays real nice, but will probably bounce a little, so he put a new rivet in the same place as the one on the driver's side.

Now, at least they match, and the little hole left behind by the old rivet is difficult to notice (I rubbed the webbed-threads to fill the void).

Now, if only the other problems were that easy to fix!

Ed F
H-Blue EX-L
Now when you actually try to use it, the clip itself will not lay in the right place. This is not a poor design, it was purposely done that way because of the position of the seatbelt receptor in the 3rd row.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Why didn't anybody say so?

If I read your explanation right, you're saying that once the seatbelt is fastened to it's receptor, the clip won't lay right? I guess I don't see-it, as that rivet simply places the clip another 6" higher on the belt.

Even if this is correct, I'd venture to say that the percentage of time most of us use that 3rd row, is pretty small, and the minor inconvenience sure beats having to look at the way it lays when stored!

As for me, I'm happy with the fix.

Ed F

1 - 20 of 33 Posts