Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have owned a 2008 Pilot since 2011 and the site has been a great resource. The third row seat belt on the passenger side will not retract. I assume the retractor is shot but would like to confirm and change out. It looks like it is one large panel from the trunk all the way to the back door. Is this true? Any easier way or tricks to access? This panel contains the subwoofer and storage bin. I see some screws in the cargo tie downs and assume that is how to remove the panel.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
Take it to your local Honda dealer. Honda offers a various warranty for its seat belts. However, the company does not replace seat belts that have been damaged by tears or excess grime or dirt. Honda sells seat belt replacements for those not covered by the warranty. For your 2008 it is 15 years or 150000 mile.

https://owners.honda.com/Documentum/Warranty/Handbooks/AWL35755.pdf Page 28

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,878 Posts
Rec
Great! Thanks for the tip! I will have to call them.
Recheck my post. Honda changed their warranty period. I corrected my previous post. Even if you are out of the warranty period take it to the dealer and talk to them. Honda is safety conscious and many dealers will replace a faulty seatbelt FOC.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rec

Recheck my post. Honda changed their warranty period. I corrected my previous post. Even if you are out of the warranty period take it to the dealer and talk to them. Honda is safety conscious and many dealers will replace a faulty seatbelt FOC.
Thanks! According to the manual, I am still covered. Ill give them a call and see what they have to say.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts