Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a 2014 pilot that we loved. We recently had an accident and it was totaled. We got a new 2019 touring. And as much as we like it, we have one major complaint. I didn’t think to look before we purchased or it would have been a dealbreaker for me. We always hang our clothes when traveling. Our new pilot has no hooks or handles in the 3rd row for us to hang a bar on. We've Tried various tension rods, etc and nothing works. We have passengers in the second row so that is not an option. Has this frustrated anyone else and does anyone have any ideas or a work around. Our 2014 pilot had hooks over the 3rd row we could use.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I was just looking for those in the 3rd row on the 2019 EX-L a few days ago and didn't see them there. Didn't have a previous generation Pilot to compare, so I wasn't necessarily expecting them to be there, but I was certainly hoping and was somewhat disappointed.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It is your car and if this is such an important issue why not glue on some plastic ends for the tension rod? Since epoxy adhesives tend to fail in the heat (don't ask me how I know this) I recommend one of the other glues formulated for plastics, but YMMV.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I used to just hang the hangers on the posts of the 2nd row headrests.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
I used to just hang the hangers on the posts of the 2nd row headrests.

That's actually what I ended up resorting to (forgot to mention that in my earlier post). It's not exactly "hanging" if the 3rd row is down and ends up going over some trunk space, but it works, and I guess would be even better in a scenario where the 3rd row is up (when no one is sitting there).

·
Registered
704 Posts
That's actually what I ended up resorting to (forgot to mention that in my earlier post). It's not exactly "hanging" if the 3rd row is down and ends up going over some trunk space, but it works, and I guess would be even better in a scenario where the 3rd row is up (when no one is sitting there).
I turned mine back in so I can't check, but if I'm not mistaken, can't you slide the second row forward slightly and let things completely hang in front of the folded third row? That would also make it super easy to remove clothes through the rear doors, just press a button and your clothes come to you like in the dry cleaners store LOL

·
Registered
172 Posts
I turned mine back in so I can't check, but if I'm not mistaken, can't you slide the second row forward slightly and let things completely hang in front of the folded third row? That would also make it super easy to remove clothes through the rear doors, just press a button and your clothes come to you like in the dry cleaners store LOL

Yes, I guess moving the 2nd row forward a bit should give some extra room for actual hanging. As far as quickly folding the 2nd row (in the sense of how it allows access to the 3rd row) to access things easier, that can work too, assuming that the 2nd row isn't being used at the time. All good tips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts