Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 EXL AWD
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those that have this controller. Do you guys notice the green/white bar that shows the eco mode. Does the bar stay white most of the time when the controller is installed? Is that an indication the vcm is deactivated? Thanks.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Mine still changes color but the VCM is disabled. My engine temp is defaulted to 165.2°F.
None of my previous issue have resurfaced.

·
Registered
2019 EXL AWD
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine still changes color but the VCM is disabled. My engine temp is defaulted to 165.2°F.
None of my previous issue have resurfaced.
With the vcm activated the water temp reads higher? With the muzzler it should read lower, correct?

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
With the vcm activated the water temp reads higher? With the muzzler it should read lower, correct?
Yes, normal engine temp reading is 190°F .

Reactions: ARB1977

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
What were your previous issues?
The VCM operation was preventing my transmission to stay in gear. The symptom was an erratic behaving rpm gauge. Most noticeable while in cruise.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
So, say it seems that my transmission is shifting weird, do you think the VCM controller would fix that?
Doing the 3 time drain fill and drive with Full Synthetic Valvoline MaxLife ATF and S-VCM fixed my transmission woes. Others had to have their transmission replaced. It could depend on how much damage has been done.
Is your transmission fluid black?
Are you in warranty? If not, this a $160 hopeful solution. It worked for me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am in warranty still. I have the extended warranty. But the odd shifting is really driving me bonkers.

So, why did you get the S-VCM instead of the VCM 2?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts