Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 pilot. My third brake light has come loose. One side of where it screws in at has broken completely off. The gasket seems to have worn away also. I’ve looked online to find a replacement gasket, my thought was some sort of double sided adhesive mount to get it back into place and then get the one screw back in. All I’m finding is a complete assembly kit. Does anyone have any experience with this? Do I have no choice but to replace the entire assembly? The light still operates fine. I’m not sure what it even looked like originally.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
2011 pilot. My third brake light has come loose. One side of where it screws in at has broken completely off. The gasket seems to have worn away also. I’ve looked online to find a replacement gasket, my thought was some sort of double sided adhesive mount to get it back into place and then get the one screw back in. All I’m finding is a complete assembly kit. Does anyone have any experience with this? Do I have no choice but to replace the entire assembly? The light still operates fine. I’m not sure what it even looked like originally.
Me, I would be cheap and clean off the dirt and residue real good and then using a clear silicone as a sealer (lightly applied), slap that baby back in with the best stainless screw I could find in my bucket of bolts.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Me, I would be cheap and clean off the dirt and residue real good and then using a clear silicone as a sealer (lightly applied), slap that baby back in with the best stainless screw I could find in my bucket of bolts.
Or if you don't want to goop and Frankenstein it up, go to a boneyard and get a clean dead one.

·
Registered
607 Posts
2011 pilot. My third brake light has come loose. One side of where it screws in at has broken completely off. The gasket seems to have worn away also
If you're handy you could repair the broken tab with a flat section of plastic or steel either glued or screwed. Mark a new hole, drill and install both exterior screws. The repair doesn't have to be super heavy duty to support that third brake light. Not sure the gasket is required but (optional) as mentioned some black silicone or RTV should do the trick, lightly applied of course.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts