Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Ask Your Dealership

I contacted my dealership here in the Denver area, and they do have the clearmask (we call it clear-bra).

My dealership will do the job for about 200-bucks!

·
Registered
920 Posts
It's easy if you want it to look like a hack job...

You want it done right, have a proferssional do it. It's not so fundamental and easy as changing oil.

See the sig!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
3M Mask for Pilot

I've had the product installed by the local 3M rep. It comes in different grades, with thickness and shinyness(?) being the differences. My Pilot is Nighthawk black and I got the best grade installed. The problem being the curves from the raised center section of the hood to the lower sections above the lights that also curve down to the leading edge of the hood. There are just too many curves in a small area for the plastic to stick without folds. The thinner grade may be able to make the curve without folding. I had the rep. put it on the center section and above the lights leaving the compound curves open. I hope that the small uncovered area stays safe. By the way, the installation took almost 3 hours (multiple attempts at the hard spots) and ended up costing ~$160 Canadian (around $105 U.S.) It looks far better than the plexiglass hood protector and makes no noise.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Free door guards...

Fill-in some info, and they'll send you enough Clearmask to protect the edges of your doors

Link to 3M's Clearmask

1 - 9 of 9 Posts