Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have anxiously awaited the opportunity to compare the new, identical EX-L NAVI, to 3478 purchased in June. During the wait, I drove a 2002 MDX and liked it very much. Had it not been for the deal from Honda, and no way to duplicate it from Acura, I would be in one now. After spending some time with the new Pilot, I will never buy a early production vehicle again. The replacement is an improvement in almost every respect ranging from Paint quality, engine smoothness to less road noise. Even the signal flasher can be heard. The old one had only one tone, the new makes two clicks. I can personally tell you that door scrunch is alive and well. Only the drivers door is infected. Since everyone disliked my velcro solution, I applied a thin adhesive backed weather strip material to the door frame and killed the dredded noise. Yes, this was applied to a two day old vehicle. The rattle in the right rear suspension is also continuing problem. I know this bothered either xyzzy or bannnigjr as well. The MDX did not exibit either the gasket noise or the rear suspension noise. If those who have praised their Pilots on this site have one like the replacement, then I understand. These same individuals should also realize that there are some valid reasons why others are concerned. BP

·
Registered
919 Posts
BPilot,

Now that you are in a somewhat unique position (PrG had a replacement, but yours is pretty "fresh") to compare these, so prepare to be bombarded with comparison questions! :D

If you have the ability to do so I would be intersted in seeing pictures of your door scrunch fix to see exactly where and how you applied the weather stripping. My interest has now increased since I just started picking up the dreaded scrunch as of 4,100 miles.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
900 Posts
Congrats! What are the VIN details... I have a new row in the table waiting for you... click on link in my sig

·
Registered
240 Posts
:confused: I really don't understand this. Was your Pilot replaced by Honda or did you simply trade?

We have a very early VIN Pilot and while we do have the window scruch and the gas tank slosh noise, it's all liveable, IMO.

I just don't understand what some of you constantly complain about?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've been awaiting your comparison

I'm glad to hear this second Pilot is meeting your expectations. I have a 20k+ VIN, and have not experienced the problems you outlined a couple of months ago. (whew!)

As I mentioned on your post explaining all the problems, I don't know if I would have wanted another vehicle of the same model and year, but I am glad you are giving the Pilot a second chance. I think you will be very happy with 33458!

:29:

·
Registered
94 Posts
BPilot, I would very much like to hear more about your impressions of the MDX.

I am seriously considering trading in/up to the 2003 MDX.

You can also email me if you like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts