Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the drivers switches, I was rolling down front passenger window. Halfway down it stopped. I noticed that only the drivers window continued to operate, all 3 others (Front Passenger, Rear Driver, Rear Passenger) would not roll up or down (or make any noise) from any switch on its door or drivers switches.

I've checked every fuse that seems like it could be responsible and they are all good. I've swapped underhood passenger side relays in fusebox with lighting relays and it did not help. Any Idea what could be wrong?

I understand the drivers window has its own controller somewhere, and I think all the others use a controller in a grey box attached to the driver's footwell fusebox. Is that the most likely culprit? How would I go about removing and replacing that? Can it be changed independent of replacing the entire fuse cluster?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,249 Posts
^^^ What he said. After exercising the precautionary principle of turning off power to all the passenger windows before entering a car wash with the family, a little while later I find myself beginning to cuss in the time it takes between trying to open passenger windows and thinking they're broken, and coming to the quick realization that it was of my own doing because I forgot to rock that switch back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check and see if you accidentally pressed the power button (rocker switch) to OFF on the driver control panel.
OMG Thank you! I had a plastic bag on the half down window for days. Annoyed HOA. Cancelled appointment because of it. My wife was helping me check fuses and neither of us thought of that switch. Its not even the first time this has happened to us. First time was out of town causing all sorts of inconvenience. You would have though we would have remembered that. Duh. "Switch". Works now.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,834 Posts
Sometimes it’s the simple things which resolve a problem. 🤪. Glad to hear you got it fixed before the someone from
the HOA pulled a power trip on you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts