Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have 3 issues, I hope the experts here could share their experience...
1. I drove my new Pilot Touring from Toronto to Chicago and on the way found that the air conditioning is not cooling. Called Honda, they gave me an appointment for next week. What could be the issue? Did anyone else have an airconditioning issue with a new Pilot?
2. The motion sensor that is supposed to open the tailgate by moving your foot stopped working. Is it because it got dirty or something?
3. While using the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), when the car responds to a vehicle ahead and slows down, a clicking sound comes from the dashboard, like an old relay turning on and off. Every time the ACC responds to the car in front (detecting or losing it), there is the relay click. Is it normal?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I don't have 2019, but my model is the same and similar in some ways.
1. Air cond not cooling is hard to judge. How do you know? No air blowing out, not cool enough? If it's not cold enough, it maybe the outside temp was not hot enough to trigger it, or your setting (temperature) was too high. If outside was 22C, and the setting was 25C, for example. If all these ruled out, then your dealer will fix it.
2. I don't have that feature and unable to suggest anything. Could be like you said, sensor was dirty, or you didn't trigger the sensor for whatever reason, or it could very well be defective and your dealer can find out.
3. I don't remember whether there was click or not. Again, your dealer should be able to find out.

Sorry not much help. Hope you will sort them all out soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have 2019, but my model is the same and similar in some ways.
1. Air cond not cooling is hard to judge. How do you know? No air blowing out, not cool enough? If it's not cold enough, it maybe the outside temp was not hot enough to trigger it, or your setting (temperature) was too high. If outside was 22C, and the setting was 25C, for example. If all these ruled out, then your dealer will fix it.
2. I don't have that feature and unable to suggest anything. Could be like you said, sensor was dirty, or you didn't trigger the sensor for whatever reason, or it could very well be defective and your dealer can find out.
3. I don't remember whether there was click or not. Again, your dealer should be able to find out.

Sorry not much help. Hope you will sort them all out soon.
Thanks for the reply.

Regarding the air-conditioning outside temp 27 degC, set temp Lo (lowest) or 16 degC. The air coming out is not cold, it seems to be at the ambient temperature. I turned off "auto" and turned on the compressor "AC on". No cold air.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Wow, in that case the aircond is defective. Brand new car and dealer should fix under warranty.

·
Registered
736 Posts
There were several reports on non-functioning A/C units on the 2019 models in the last month or so. Some of them had little or no refrigerant from the factory, some had leaks, others had a bad compressor. Read these posts at this link

No A/C or Poor Cooling 2019 Pilot

1 - 5 of 5 Posts