Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out my wife will be having triplets in a few short months. is it advisable to put three car seats in the Pilot? Obviously the vehicle is designed for atleast 2 based on the fact there are two LATCH seats. But is the third seat safe for a car seat? Can three be put across on the second row? Or am I just inviting problems and should resign myself to an Odyssey?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Jason

·
Registered
797 Posts
Three across should be fine. I have seen people do it in a CR-V no problem. The only problem is the middle seat will need to be the seatbelt instead of the lower LATCH points. You are not supposed to double up on any one LATCH point. The side seats can take full advantage of the lower LATCH points. Congratulations!

·
Registered
698 Posts
jpappas said:
Just found out my wife will be having triplets in a few short months. ... Any advice greatly appreciated! Jason
CONGRATULATIONS

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think that it is safe to say that you and your wife are going to be VERY busy:eek: :eek: :eek: !!

Congratulations--that is awesome news.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Triplets in a pilot

If you get the pilot, you'll have room for the triplets, and room for another set of triplets :4: :4: :4: , should the need arise. Congrats!

·
Registered
307 Posts
WE have 3 little ones under the age of 5 and my wife wouldnt trade her oddy for anything, now when they get a bit older that may change. THe power doors are a miricle when holding an infnat a bag of groceries and what not, and being able to climb back to deal with anything that may happen on the rode is a nice touch as well. Either route oddysey or pilot I dont think youll be dissapointed. I would suggest the oddy though

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congratulations :D I have a friend who chose the Oddysey over the Pilot. He and his wife have three children(3.5 and younger). Their main reason for choosing the Oddysey was $$$. The next reason was ease of entry/exit. Either one you choose, you won't go wrong.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Latch points?

I'm sorry I'm new to the whole baby seat thing. I'm hearing you talk about latch points. What are they? I'm just running the seat belt through the baby seat base. Is this ok? Got me kind of nervous now :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mugen660,

If you have a Pilot or any other 2003 or newer vehicle it will be equipped with LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children)
Basically its an anchor system that allows you to attach a LATCH compatible car seat into a LATCH compatible vehicle with little difficulty and correctly. By the way the method you are using is probably just fine. If your existing seat is NOT LATCH compatible there may be a retrofit kit available for like 25 bucks. LATCH may be a little safer...but its definitely easier. So its worth checking out.

You can check out more at the following web site

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/injury/childps/csr2001/csrhtml/LATCH.html

I'm sorry I'm new to the whole baby seat thing. I'm hearing you talk about latch points. What are they? I'm just running the seat belt through the baby seat base. Is this ok?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Here is a thought while making your decision. If you plan to put a car seat in the third row, go with the Odyssey. The Odyssey offers more cargo space with all seats up. If you think you will leave all three in the second row, it's a draw. The reason I make this assumption is that I have a 19 month old and all the fixen's that come with him. Take the fixen's and triple it...................I have got to believe you will need more storage space then what is offered behind the third seat on the Pilot.

From a safety stand point, three across the second row is fine. People do it all the time in sedans. Plus I have to believe climbing into the back with a baby in either the Pilot or Odyssey would be more time consuming and strenuous. Of course I could be wrong, it is rare I am ever right!

Good luck, congrats!

·
Registered
8 Posts
CONGRATSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ability to reach the child from the front seat is a big plus! You can get them a new book to read, get the toy that fell on the floor, or more immeadiately the pacifier. I hope the LATCH system makes it easier to put car seats side by side. The old way is a PITA to get it secured properly. You will need a lot of baby support gear and storage for those items. We have a 2 seater stroller and that thing is twice as big as the Pack-N-Play,( great invention by the way). You could take 2 carseats to the dealer and see how they fit.
Good luck,
Ferrell

·
Registered
991 Posts
car seats in third row

hi guys, just wondering if anyone has put there kids in the third row with cars seats? How did you make out?

Also, In Canada, there is no option for a DVD or Navagaion system, want to install a DVD in mine, where would I mount it? front ,middle?

Can't figure out WHY Honda make the U.S and Canadian versions different , I think we all would like to have DVD, Heated seats etc in our Pilot's Right!

oh well, probably in 2004..

thanks for the info

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have a 4 year old in a car seat and a 2 month old in a car bed. Both in the second row. Most of you will not be familiar with the car bed, but if you have a preemie, they have to go through a test before leaving the hospital to see if their neck is strong enough to sit them in a seat. My daughter failed the test, so she has a bed in the car. (She still failed it this week at her two month checkup.) Anyway, the bed takes the space of two seats, and there is still room between her and her big brother.

Hopefully you will have 3 babies that don't have to spend time in ICU, and can go home in their seats. If you do have to use the beds, its really not bad. In fact, we love it! The baby is so comfortabe laying down. My son was also a preemie, but he passed the test. Comparing the two, the girl can handle trips much better.

I digressed there a little, but to sum it up, you should be fine with 3 in the 2nd.

I have a pic of the seat in this thread: http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1435

1 - 16 of 16 Posts