Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't own a Pilot.

There are lots of threads about 3rd row seating, short trips, long trips, etc.

What about 3 regular size adults in the 2nd row? Yes, that would work.

Now, make that a 13 hour car ride. Can anyone share their experiences with 3 adults in the 2nd row on a long trip in a Pilot?

·
Registered
415 Posts
the ones sitting on the outer ends should be comfortable. The seats in the 2nd row recline a bit so you can actually have a good sleep. The person sitting in the middle would probably have it worse. The people on the outside with seats reclined can get a neck pillow or pillow and put it against the window. The person in the middle unless they are dating one of the other people so they can lean on them, may not sleep as comfortably. Also the middle seat just doesnt have as much cushion (butt/back) as the ends seats.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I would say the width is definitely there, but like redturbo said the middle cushion is not as supportive, padded, contoured, etc.

I would say someone under 30 that's not very tall or broad shouldered will be fine, older people may suffer...

Honestly the 3rd person may be more comfortable if you fold up the 40 side of the 3rd row and put luggage between the two others in the 2nd row...

·
Registered
415 Posts
I would say the width is definitely there, but like redturbo said the middle cushion is not as supportive, padded, contoured, etc.

I would say someone under 30 that's not very tall or broad shouldered will be fine, older people may suffer...

Honestly the 3rd person may be more comfortable if you fold up the 40 side of the 3rd row and put luggage between the two others in the 2nd row...
yep. I rather be in the 3rd row by myself and fold down the smaller section for extra lugguge room and leaning room for me then sit in the middle between 2 people I think everybody wins in this regards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts