Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,845 Posts
Why not get a 2021 Touring since it comes with either 7 or 8 Passenger seating and add the accessories you want. It will be a clean build instead of all the work and expense of changing out rails, seats, seatbelts, etc. It will not be easy adding the center row seatbelt to the ceiling area. The Touring with the Elite accessories you want would be much more cost effective.

·
Registered
252 Posts
or get an MDX. the 2nd row has a removable center seat so you can have both a bench and captain chairs.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
I'm not saying it is or isn't possible. But to have seat belt for the middle passenger requires cutting a hole in your roof liner to access the bolt holes (if they are even there) to have a shoulder strap with mounting bracket installed. Or replace entire roof liner.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm not saying it is or isn't possible. But to have seat belt for the middle passenger requires cutting a hole in your roof liner to access the bolt holes (if they are even there) to have a shoulder strap with mounting bracket installed. Or replace entire roof liner.
not possible to have the ceiling mounted middle belt on an Elite since it has the panoramic glass roof.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would’nt get an mdx because the 3rd row only has 2 seats and I don’t want to make a hole in the sealing (2nd row) But elite has more features instead of touring. At first with everything I need I would get an 2020 EX-L w/RES & Navi because somebody said to get a 6 speed. And there is not available entertainment package on EX-L so elite. (I also think the se trim should be between EX & EX-L and not between EX-L and Touring. And I was going to get touring but elite has me.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
not possible to have the ceiling mounted middle belt on an Elite since it has the panoramic glass roof.
Ok, I guess that ends the discussion without some kind of custom job.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well actually the 2nd row 3 seater isnt needed, but optional. I don’t need it. As long as I have a 7 seater I’m fine

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
Well actually the 2nd row 3 seater isnt needed, but optional. I don’t need it. As long as I have a 7 seater I’m fine
Just know that the bench seat in the back isn't adult friendly. I'd say if your needs don't exceed 4 adults and 3 children. You might be ok. I say might because if your talking road trip when you need to haul luggage for 4 adults and 3 children, you might have a problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts